Complete management for Active Directory Lightweight Directory Service
ActiveRoles Server provides out-of-the-box user and group account management, strictly enforced administrator-based role security, day-to-day identity administration and built-in auditing and reporting for Windows-centric environments.
Management Pack for Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) provides proactive performance monitoring and real-time reports in order to detect, troubleshoot and rapidly resolve replication, performance and availability issues in AD LDS environments by extending Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) 2005 and Operations Manager (OpsMgr) 2007. With Management Pack for AD LDS, you can get a graphical topology view of AD LDS in order to monitor the health of your AD LDS instances.
* Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM) is now Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS
- Thorough administration—Delegate across one or more AD LDS instances based on users’ roles
- Standardization—Simply generate or validate user attributes
- Enhanced administrative interfaces—Easily facilitate and enhance AD LDS management/administrative tasks, including:
- Web-based administrative interface
- MMC interface similar to Active Directory
- ADSI programming interface
- PowerShell command-line interface
- AD LDS access—Automatically grant AD users access to AD LDS applications or data
- Simplified management—Manage multiple AD LDS instances from a single console
- Complete auditing and tracking—Online change history and administrator activity tracking
- PowerShell support—Microsoft PowerShell integration for AD and AD LDS management of AD and ADAM.