AppAssure™ is advanced data protection that unifies backup, replication and recovery in one, easy-to-use software solution. Go further than simply protecting the data that makes up your digital world on virtual, physical and cloud environments with the AppAssure ability to provide near continuous access to data after an incident, keeping your business productive. Plus, you have complete confidence that the data you’re backing up will be restorable with the AppAssure ability to test file system as well Microsoft® Exchange™ and SQL Server™ application consistency. And once data has been backed up, you have the flexible restore capabilities that will match the needs of your business. For ultimate assurance, you can take advantage of the built-in AppAssure ability to continually send updates to a virtual machine that can be activated in case of emergency.
- Live Recovery
- Restore operations almost instantly with an RTO of minutes.
- Verified Recovery
- Perform automated recovery testing and verification of backups to ensure that the file systems, Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server instances you back up will be recovered.
- Universal Recovery
- Restore at any level, from a single file, message or data object, to a complete machine (physical or virtual), even to dissimilar hardware.
- Cloud Archive
- Archive your static data to Microsoft Azure, Amazon S3, Rackspace, or any OpenStack provider.
- Virtual Standby
- Continually send updates to a virtual machine that can be activated in the event there’s an issue with the primary machine.
- Forever incremental snapshots
- Snapshot data up to every 5 minutes for granular RPOs.
- Changed-block tracking
- Track changes at the block level, backing up only the data that has changed to ensure optimal performance.
- Integrated deduplication and file compression
- Cut storage requirements by up to 80 percent with integrated deduplication and file compression.
- FIPS certification
- The AppAssure Crypto Module certified was 140-2 Level 1.
Dell AppAssure 5 Core
Note:Operating systems marked with * require ASP.NET 4.5 role on the server running the AppAssure 5 Core service.
For optimal performance, it is recommended that you install the AppAssure 5 Core on Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
The AppAssure 5 Core requires a 64-bit Windows platform; 32-bitsystems and Linux systems are not supported. In addition, on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2 operating systems, you must have the ASP.NET 4.5 role installed on the server. If you do not have the role installed, the GUI will not load correctly.
Note: Use network cables with the appropriate rating to obtain the expected bandwidth. Dell recommends testing your network performance regularly and adjusting your hardware accordingly.
Dell AppAssure 5 Central Management Console
Note: The AppAssure 5 Core is not supported on Windows Server 2008 Core edition, 2008 R2 Core edition, or 2012 Core edition. In addition, it does not support Hyper-V Server 2008, 2008 R2, or 2012.
Dell AppAssure 5 Agent
(32-Bit or 64-Bit)
NOTE: We support these Linux distributions and have tested under most of the released kernel versions.
Note: Agents installed on the Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 operate in the Core edition mode of Windows Server 2012.
NOTE: For Linux agents, AppAssure 5 only supports the following file systems: ext3, ext4, and xfs.
NOTE: Native backup of cluster shared volumes is supported on Windows 2008 R2 agents only.
|Microsoft Exchange support|
|Microsoft SQL Support|
|Hypervisor support (Export and Virtual Standby)|
Read current AppAssure system requirements. For more information on installing the AppAssure 5 Core, Central Management Console, and Agent software, refer to the Dell AppAssure 5 Deployment Guide. For more information on using AppAssure 5, refer to the Dell AppAssure 5 User Guide. For more information on managing Dell AppAssure 5 licenses, refer to the Dell Software License Portal User Guide. For more information on sizing your hardware, software, memory, storage, and network requirements, refer to the Dell AppAssure knowledge base article 118407, “Sizing AppAssure 5 Deployments.”