AppAssure™ is advanced data protection that unifies backup, replication and recovery in one software solution. Designed for virtual, physical and cloud environments, AppAssure continually checks and updates your backups to ensure they will be ready when you need them. AppAssure stores your backups in a high-performance object repository and performs encryption and global data deduplication within its scalable object store. Our software also gives you a variety of flexible recovery options so you can retrieve your data quickly, whether it resides on physical or virtual servers, or in the cloud. You can now protect your Linux servers, too — all with the same AppAssure 5 software.
- Restoration at any level
- Restore at any level: single file, message or data object, or restore a complete machine.
- Flexible recovery options
- Choose local or off-site recovery for any available machine, even to dissimilar hardware.
- Continual snapshots
- Snapshot data up to every 15 minutes for nearly unlimited RPO granularity.
- Change block tracking
- Track changes at the block level, backing up only the data that has changed to ensure optimal performance.
- Fast recovery procedures
- Assure that recovery procedures check backup data continually to give you confidence that you can get up and running fast.
- Built-in replication
- Move your data offsite or into the cloud with built-in replication.
- Integrated deduplication and file compression
- Cut storage requirements by up to 80 percent with integrated deduplication and file compression.
- Expert recovery assistance
- Consult recovery experts around the clock and around the globe to help you get your systems up and running quickly.
- Remote installation and configuration services
- Tap remote installation and configuration services to help you deploy all AppAssure features quickly and easily, without the need for an on-site technician.
Dell AppAssure 5 Core
Note:Operating systems marked with * require ASP.NET 4.5 role on the server running the AppAssure 5 Core service.
For optimal performance, it is recommended that you install the AppAssure 5 Core on Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
The AppAssure 5 Core requires a 64-bit Windows platform; 32-bitsystems and Linux systems are not supported. In addition, on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2 operating systems, you must have the ASP.NET 4.5 role installed on the server. If you do not have the role installed, the GUI will not load correctly.
Dell AppAssure 5 Central Management Console
Note: The AppAssure 5 Core is not supported on Windows Server 2008 Core edition, 2008 R2 Core edition, or 2012 Core edition. In addition, it does not support Hyper-V Server 2008, 2008 R2, or 2012.
Dell AppAssure 5 Agent
(32-Bit or 64-Bit)
NOTE: We support these Linux distributions and have tested under most of the released kernel versions.
Note: Agents installed on the Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 operate in the Core edition mode of Windows Server 2012.
NOTE: For Linux agents, AppAssure 5 only supports the following file systems: ext3, ext4, and xfs.
NOTE: Native backup of cluster shared volumes is supported on Windows 2008 R2 agents only.
|Microsoft Exchange support|
|Microsoft SQL Support|
For more information on installing the AppAssure 5 Core, Central Management Console, and Agent software, refer to the Dell AppAssure 5 Deployment Guide. For more information on using AppAssure 5, refer to the Dell AppAssure 5 User Guide. For more information on managing Dell AppAssure 5 licenses, refer to the Dell Software License Portal User Guide. For more information on sizing your hardware, software, memory, storage, and network requirements, refer to the Dell AppAssure knowledge base article 118407, “Sizing AppAssure 5 Deployments.”