Complete email archiving software
Simplify email retention, preservation and discovery.
Archive Manager is a complete email archiving software solution that enables you to capture, retain, and using advanced search, discover and explore your Exchange email system. Through Archive Manager, a single instance of each email message is captured and granular retention and disposition policies are applied, ensuring efficient and effective Exchange email archiving.
- Fast deployment—Deploy the tool quickly without the need to install software on user desktops or on email servers.
- Zero impact on users—Reduce storage volume in order to negate mailbox quotas and reduce help desk calls by capturing and indexing new and historical messaging data transparently.
- Efficient storage—Dramatically reduce long-term storage needs, as well as the need to maintain the performance of your email servers by storing single-instance email attachments separately from the message body and metadata..
- Effective retention capabilities— Using flexible retention rules, achieve compliance with regulatory mandates and keep only the messaging data that you need to keep.
- Efficient Discovery—Retrieve messaging data quickly to satisfy legal requests. Accelerate the discovery process by tagging data for categorization or later review, ensuring that only relevant messaging data is exported for further analysis and presentation.
- Access from Anywhere—Easily access archived messaging data while offline or from a mobile device.
- Securely share data—Seamlessly integrate with external systems to share data with customer relationship management (CRM) systems and collaboration tools, such as Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
- Complete support—Eliminate the need for multiple archiving systems with support for Microsoft Exchange Server, Novell GroupWise and selected SMTP servers from a single console.
Before installing Archive Manager, ensure that your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements.
For a complete list of hardware requirements, please see the Archive Manager Exchange Installation Guide or the Archive Manager GroupWise Installation Guide.
Any prerequisites that are required for installation are installed automatically when you run the Archive Manager Setup Wizard to install Archive Manager. If you want to install the prerequisites software prior to running the installer, see the requirements below.
Microsoft SQL Server, 32- or 64-bit version,
Enterprise or Standard edition, any of the following:
2008 R2 SP2
2008 R2 SP1
Archive Manager Server Operating System
Windows Server 2012 R2, 64-bit version
Windows Server 2012, 64-bit version
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 or RTM; 64-bit version
Windows Server 2008 SP2; 64-bit version
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, 10, 9, or 8
When using enhanced security on any server-based operating system, the Archive Manager Website must be added to the list of trusted sites to work correctly.
Firefox (latest version) running on Windows or Macintosh.
Chrome (latest version) running on Windows or Macintosh.
Safari 5, 6, or 7 running on Macintosh.
Mobile Device Browsing of the Archive Manager website
Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) 5.0 (32-bit version)
BES 5.0 has been tested on a 64-bit OS with 32-bit software. A 32-bit OS is also supported.
EMC Centera 4.2.1, 4.2, 4.1, 4.0, 3.1.4
EMC Atmos 2.0
Caringo CAStor 6.5.4
BridgeHead HT FileStore with HDR 2.2-20, build 23007
IBM DR-550 version 5.4.1 (Version 5, Release 4, Level 1)
Exchange Messaging System
Microsoft Exchange, any of:
• Office 365 On-Premises via Exchange Journaling
• Version 2013 CU6
• Version 2013 CU5
• Version 2013 SP1
• Version 2013 CU3
• Version 2013 CU2
• Version 2013 CU1
• Version 2013
• Version 2010 SP3RU7
• Version 2010 SP3
• Version 2010 SP2
• Version 2010 SP1
• Version 2007 SP3 RU14
• Version 2007 SP3
• Version 2003 SP2
Note also for the MAPI Journal Data Loader:
• The data loader service user account must have Receive As and View Information Store Status permissions to the mail store that contains the journal mailbox.
Active Directory Services
• Windows Server 2012 R2, 64-bit
• Windows Server 2012
• Windows Server 2008 R2
• Windows Server 2008
• Windows Server 2003
• Windows Server 2003 interim
• Windows Server 2000 native
• Windows Server 2000 mixed (the default in Windows Server 2003)
GroupWise Messaging System
Novell GroupWise, any of:
• 2012 SP2
• 2012 SP1
• 8.0.3 HP3
Archive Manager is not certified for use with clustered GroupWise host systems configured for parallel processing, load balancing, or fault tolerance.
Novell Directory Services
• 8.7.3 on supported platforms
• 8.8 SP5, SP6, SP7 on supported platforms
Prerequisites for servers running Archive Manager services
Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4: vcredist_x86.exe
Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package: vcredist_x86.exe
Supported Archive Manager Server Operating System version. Please verify that your mail system requirements are supported on the desired operating system.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and 3.5 SP1. Note: Reliability Update 2 for the .NET Framework 4 is required and can be found at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2600217
SQL Native Client (sqlncli.msi). SQL Native Client 2005 is required. SQL Native Client 2008 is not supported.
.NET Framework 4.0 and 3.5 SP1, the SQL 2005 native client, and vcredist_x86 (version 2008 SP1) from the AutoRun program in your downloaded Archive Manager zip file. If you are installing Archive Manager to a different system than the one running the installer, then .Net 3.5 SP1 must be pre-installed (before running the installer).
If running in an SBS (Small Business Server) environment, Archive Manager must reside on an SBS-member server that meets the specifications for an Archive Manger server.
To enable text-string searches and indexing of file attachments: You must install IFilters for the file types you want to search and index:
Microsoft offers a free pack of IFilters for its Office 2010 file types at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17062, (link current as of this release). SP2 can be applied via Windows Update or downloaded at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2687447. This Filter Pack includes IFilters for the following formats: .docx, .docm, .pptx, .pptm, .xlsx, .xlsm, .xlsb, .zip, .one, .vdx, .vsd, .vss, .vst, .vdx, .vsx, and .vtx.
IFilters for earlier-version Office file extensions (.doc, .rtf, .xls, .ppt, etc.), and for .txt, .htm and .html files, are installed with Microsoft Windows, and so should already reside on the Archive Manager server. You can verify their installation, and track and manage your IFilters generally, with a third-party IFilter browser; several are available at little or no cost from independent vendors.
Adobe bundles a copy of its PDF 32-bit IFilter with its free Adobe Reader 11 software, and offers a free PDF iFilter 64 11.0.01 as a separate download. It is recommended that you use Adobe version 11 PDF IFilters, or FoxIt IFilters.
Installing Adobe Reader X uninstalls PDF iFilters, which then need to be reinstalled. For additional information, see www.adobe.com.
Prerequisites for servers running Archive Manager websites
• Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) version 8.5, 8.0, 7.5, or 7.0.
Certain role services are required to be manually selected and installed on the web server in order for the Archive Manager Website to run correctly. These roles include: Common HTTP Features; Static Content ; ASP.net; ASP; Basic Authentication; Windows Authentication; IIS Management Tools and Scripts; and IIS Management Console.
• Microsoft ASP.NET (component of Windows, any supported Windows version).
The API web service endpoint can be configured to use Windows Authentication or Anonymous Authentication. When using Anonymous Authentication, the web service application performs security checks and authenticates the client using Basic Authentication (plain text user password authentication). When using Windows Authentication, IIS handles the authentication and provides the web service application with a confirmation of the authentication attempt.
Archive Manager Rights and Permissions
Prerequisites for servers running the Exchange Store Manager Service
Note also for the Exchange Store Manager (ESM) and Remote ESM:
• MAPI CDO and SQL Native Client are required for any ESM installation.
• The service user account must have Receive As and View Information Store Status permissions to the mail store from which the ESM will export mailboxes.
• All files named mapisvc.inf on the machine where Archive Manager is installed must have the FullAccess privilege set for the Archive Manager service users group.
• For the Remote ESM, the user that the Remote ESM is running as must have the "Log on as a service" right.
MAPI Journal Data Loader:
The data loader service user account must have Receive As and View Information Store Status permissions to the mail store that contains the journal mailbox.
In a parent/child domain configuration, if you are installing Archive Manager in the child domain, you must create two accounts: an Exchange Store Manager account in the child domain for the Archive Manager installation, and another Exchange Store Manager account in the parent domain.
Prerequisites for servers running GroupWise services
The client version must match the server version. For example, if you are using GroupWise Server 2012, you must use GroupWise Client 12.0.0.
GroupWise Store Manager (GSM):
Stripped message reconstruction using the Outlook Form requires the following:
The Offline Client requires the following:
The Search Exporter requires the following: