Database testing tool that safeguards database performance
Conduct database performance and benchmark testing with ease.
Benchmark Factory™ for Databases is a database performance testing tool that enables you to conduct database workload replay, industry-standard benchmark testing, and scalability testing. Using the incorporated load testing tools, you can make changes to your database environment, while mitigating the risks of unavoidable database changes such as patches and upgrades, operating system migrations, and adjustments to virtual machine configurations. In addition, its proprietary workload capture and replay supports Oracle and SQL Server databases. This workload replay and scheduling software, helps you eliminate slow SQL database performance and dramatically simplifies high performance database management.
Whether you’re a database architect, developer or DBA, Benchmark Factory can help:
- You can replay production workload in a test or development environment to simulate production scenarios and determine system throughput or find database breaking points (Oracle & SQL Server only)
- Allows you to recognize future performance problems and conduct "what-if" analyses
- Helps you make changes with confidence using a wizard-driven workflow
- Lets you validate performance and scalability improvements through reportable metrics
- Enables you to capture workload subsets, rather than the entire database workload (unique to Dell)
- Allows you to use different concurrent user configurations to perform load tests on SQL scripts, PL/SQL, T-SQL code, and stored procedures
- Lets you use industry-standard benchmarks (AS3AP, Scalable Hardware, TPC-B, TPC-C, TPC-D, TPC-H, and TPC-E) to simulate real database application workloads
Benchmark Factory can also help your organization by:
- Helping to reduce the risk of costly downtime and inefficient performance
- Automating the database-testing process, thus eliminating the costs of outsourcing workload testing
- Giving your organization greater confidence when deploying database changes
- Supporting development and best practices by allowing integration with other Dell tools, such as Toad™ for Oracle
Before installing Benchmark, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
Benchmark Factory cannot run without a repository, and during installation you must select either the default service based or file based repository. After installation, you can select a repository of your choice. Benchmark Factory supports the following databases:
512 MB of RAM recommended
Note: The memory required may vary based on the following:
|Platform||1.0 GHz x86 or x64 compatible CPU|
|Browser Requirements||Benchmark Factory requires Internet Explorer® 7 or later.|
|Hard Disk Space||120 MB of disk space for installation Note: The disk space required may vary based on options selected for installation.|
Microsoft Windows Server® 2003
Microsoft Windows Server 2008
Microsoft XP Professional
Microsoft Windows® 7
Microsoft Windows 8
Microsoft Windows 8.1(Update)
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows 10
|.NET Framework||.NET Framework 2.0 is required to use Oracle workloads captured with Benchmark Factory 6.9.3 or earlier.|
Oracle®: 9i, 9.2, 10g, 11g, and 12c (requires Oracle 9 client libraries or higher)
SQL Server®: 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, and 2014
SQL Azure™: Benchmark Factory provides limited support of SQL Azure.
SAP® ASE: 12.5, 15, 15.5, 15.7, 16
DB2® LUW: 8.1.5 through 10.x
DB2® for z/OS: 8.x through 10.x
MySQL: 4.5 and 5.x
|ODBC Database Server||Benchmark Factory supports almost all databases that you can connect to using an ODBC 3.0 or later driver.|
|Cloud Database Service||Oracle Database as a Service|
Before installing Benchmark Factory, review the following for virtualization support:
Benchmark Factory has been tested with the following:
Benchmark Factory for Databases - Application changes
Prevent bottlenecks by validating code scalability.
Benchmark Factory for Databases - Increased user activity
Determine database breaking points by simulating user activity.
Benchmark Factory for Databases - Platform changes
Perform workload replay to determine your optimal platform or database configuration.
Benchmark Factory for Databases - Reporting
View test results with the 'Run Reports' feature.