Centralized email and Lync retention and e-discovery search for Exchange and Office 365.
Dell™ Email Management Services (EMS): Email Archive and eDiscovery is a cloud-based service that provides continuous archiving of all your email messages, Lync conversations, and attachments, whether you rely on Office 365 or an on-premises Exchange environment. EMS captures, retains, preserves and searches for email and Lync conversations. By capturing a single instance of each email message, applying granular retention and disposition policies, and providing advanced search, Dell Software ensures that email messages will be available when needed without creating a storage or performance burden on your servers.
Over a thousand organizations and millions of users depend on EMS Email Archive to archive their email securely and respond to e-discovery requests — at a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) than on-premises solutions.
Scalable, long-term retention
- Scalable SaaS storage — EMS Email Archive and eDiscovery stores all your emails off-site in EMS datacenters, with customer specific encryption of email contents. It scales to meet the needs of the largest organizations, and Dell manages the storage so you don’t have to.
- Lync archiving — Optional IM archiving capability archives Microsoft® Lync® conversations and content for later search and export. Archived content includes peer-to-peer instant messages, multiparty instant messages, and transferred files.
- Flexible retention policies — Set as many retention policies as required in order to meet your compliance and business needs, based on flexible criteria.
- Attachment stubbing — Based on age, size and file type criteria, EMS can stub out attachments in your production Exchange environment. Stubbing policies can be associated with users, mailboxes, groups, etc. Users simply click the attachment link within stubbed messages to download and view the attachments. This can reduce local Exchange storage requirements by up to 80 percent.
- Import prior email — Securely upload your pre-existing emails via our Web-based ImportManager, or by leveraging our Managed Import service for larger imports requiring physical disk exchange.
- Fast searches — Emails, including headers and attachments, are fully indexed for fast, comprehensive searches by reviewers using our e-discovery Web interface. Millions of emails can be searched in seconds.
- Scoped Reviewer — With the EMS Scoped Reviewer role, you can delegate e-discovery rights to specific users without granting full administrative rights.
- Flexible search criteria — Reviewers can perform complex searches across headers, subject line, message body, attachment file names, and the contents of over 450 different file types.
- Saved result sets — Searches and associated results can be saved for future use.
- Intelligent alias and distribution list handling — Because EMS Email Archive and eDiscovery tracks changes to aliases and distribution lists over time, searches based on individuals are properly associated with the right messages, and you can use your distribution lists for retention policy membership.
- Multiple, granular litigation holds — Reviewers can establish litigation holds so that critical emails cannot be purged from the archive. EMS allows multiple holds to be active with flexible criteria based on search results.
- Message export — Message data can be exported to PST, EML and EDRM formats.
- Outlook integration — With the EMS Outlook plug-in, users can access their own archived email directly within Outlook, maintaining their folder structure. Little or no end user training is required, since the interface is Outlook itself.
- Mobile and web interfaces — Alternatively, users can access their own archived email via secure web and mobile device interfaces. Integration with your production Active Directory environment means no additional credentials for them to manage.
- Redundant storage — Each email message is stored three times on separate disks, improving search performance and helping assure high availability.
- Per-customer encryption — Emails in transit are encrypted using TLS, and they are then stored with encryption. Encryption keys are established on a per-customer basis.
- Multiple global data centers — Primary data storage is in one of several geographically dispersed tier 4 data centers.
Simplified integration with other EMS solutions.
EMS: Email Archive and eDiscovery integrates tightly with EMS: Email Continuity and EMS Email Security solutions. EMS: Email Continuity is a cloud-based service providing continuous standby email in the event of planned or unplanned Exchange outages. EMS: Email Security provides email hygiene — anti-malware and anti-spam — with options for email encryption.
EMS Email Archive and eDiscovery
Take a tour of key functionality in EMS Email Archive and eDiscovery to experience its capabilities and ease of use.Take a Screenshot Tour
EMS login screen
The EMS: Email Archive and eDiscovery cloud–based interface can be accessed by any mobile or desktop browser, and automatically identifies and adjusts to the size of the screen.
EMS home screen
Access EMS: Email Archive and eDiscovery, EMS: Email Continuity and EMS: Email Security from one EMS home screen.
EMS: Email Archive and eDiscovery user interface
End users can search their personal archives from anywhere and at any time by logging into EMS. Administrators can use the Search Company Archives function as well as create Recovery Archives and Retention Holds using the same interface.
The EMS retention policy console
The administrative console offers simple, intuitive retention policy management with membership–based, capture–based, query–based and user–classification policies.
The EMS storage management console
Set policies to control the removal of attachments from messages in your primary email servers according to size, age, type or end user in order to dramatically reduce local storage demands.
The EMS audit and reports console
View detailed audit reports of recent administrative activity including activations, searches, password resets, configuration changes, etc.
Search, tag and review email and instant message archives
A unified archive with single search interface improves discovery of workers’ productivity, delivering complete and reliable search results for IM conversations and content alongside email and file content.