Active Directory discovery, reporting and auditing across the enterprise
Dell™ Enterprise Reporter for Active Directory® is an Active Directory tool that provides Windows reporting and visibility of users, groups, organizational units, permissions and other Active Directory configurations.
Armed with this information, organizations can perform change history audits, security assessments and pre-and post-migration analyses, thereby enabling informed strategic planning and proactive management of the IT infrastructure.
- Compliance and security visibility — Gain visibility into configuration of critical IT assets in Active Directory domains. Comprehensive Active Directory reports provide the insight necessary to ensure Active Directory security and compliance with internal policies and external regulations.
- Pre-migration assessment — Ensure a smooth domain migration or consolidation project by pinpointing user and group dependencies, matching conflicts and unused accounts before the migration starts.
- Delegated rights reporting — Ensure appropriate Active Directory delegation by reporting on who has access to Active Directory domains and OUs, users, groups and computers.
- Change history — Capture historical configuration information on users, groups, organizational units and permissions, and view detailed change history reports. Gain in-depth insight for historical analysis and compliance reporting.
- Scalable data collection — Scale to Active Directory environments of any size and geographic distribution. Schedule collections during off-peak hours to minimize the impact of data collection on network and server performance, and leverage distributed collection architecture for load balancing.
- Efficient storage — Reduce database storage requirements and save more change history data by comparing Active Directory domain discoveries and storing only the changes.
- Automated reporting workflows—Automate report generation and delivery for multiple report consumers according to different schedules.
- Separation of duties (SoD) — Honor departmental and business function boundaries by letting auditors, help desk and IT managers get exactly the reports they asked for, ensuring secure and effective Active Directory audit.
- Customizable reports — Use predefined and customizable reports with advanced filtering and multiple formats (including PDF, HTML, MHT, RTF, XLS, XLSX, CSV, text and images) to enable effective data analysis that meets the unique informational needs of your organization.
- Common reporting portal — Export reports to Dell Software Knowledge Portal for a unified reporting interface across the entire family of Dell Software compliance and IT governance solutions.
Before installing Enterprise Reporter, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements.
Intel or AMD 2 GHz multiprocessor
Minimum: 8 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space
Disk space requirements will vary with the Enterprise Reporter components you install:
It is not recommended that the server or console be installed on a domain controller.
Server – Enterprise Reporter Server
Consoles – Configuration Manager, Report Manager and Database Wizard
NOTE: New Dynamic Access Control (DAC) features are not supported.
To obtain links to the following required software, launch the Enterprise Reporter Autorun.
Remote Registry service enabled on discovery targets for collections
SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3
500 MHz+ Processor
Minimum 2 GB RAM; Recommended 4 GB RAM
100 MB free disk space for every 1,000,000 files/folders scanned
Windows clusters and NAS devices need to be managed by a remote agent, located on a machine running a Windows O/S that is supported by Enterprise Reporter.
When an agent service is installed on Windows Server 2012, you must disable the following local policy: User Account Control: run all Administrators in Admin Approval Mode.
Upgrade and Compatibility
Note the following when upgrading to Enterprise Reporter 2.5:
Note the following for compatibility: