Windows Servers discovery, reporting and auditing across the enterprise
Dell™ Enterprise Reporter for Windows Servers provides visibility into Microsoft Windows Server and NAS device configurations.
Dell™ Enterprise Reporter for Windows Servers provides visibility into Microsoft® Windows Server® and NAS device configurations.
Armed with this information, organizations can perform change history audits, security assessments and pre-and post-migration analyses, thereby enabling informed strategic planning and proactive management of the IT infrastructure.
- Compliance and security visibility — Gain visibility into configuration of critical IT assets in Windows file servers and NAS devices for complete Windows Server file audit. Comply with security best practices, internal policies and external regulations and ensure Microsoft® Active Directory® security.
- Access assessment — Rapidly find out in real time where selected users and groups have permissions across the entire Windows file server and NAS environment. Windows file server access reporting enables tightened security and ensures access is provided on a business-need-to-know basis.
- Local policy assessment — Make sure local security configuration is aligned with domain-wide policies. Check local security policies, membership of local administrative groups and other security configuration stored in Registry keys.
- Change history — Capture historical configuration information on Windows Server and view detailed change history reports. Gain in-depth insight for historical analysis and compliance reporting.
- Permission reporting — Collect and report on permissions of shares, files and folders, printers, Registry keys and services for comprehensive Windows Server permission reporting. Identify access control entries (ACEs) explicitly set on files in a folder hierarchy of a specified depth.
- Scalable data collection — Scale to Windows environments of any size. Schedule collections during off-peak hours to minimize the impact of data collection on network and server performance, and leverage distributed collection architecture for load balancing.
- Efficient storage — Reduce database storage requirements and save more change history data by comparing Windows Server discoveries and storing only the changes.
- Customizable reports — Use predefined reports with advanced filtering and multiple formats, including PDF, HTML, MHT, RTF, XLS, XLSX, CSV, text and images. Create customized reports with added attributes and advanced filtering. Perform efficient, effective data analysis and satisfy the unique informational needs of your organization.
- Automated reporting workflows — Automate report generation and delivery for multiple report consumers according to different schedules.
- Common reporting portal — Export reports to Dell Software Knowledge Portal for a unified reporting interface across the entire family of Dell Software compliance and IT governance solutions.
Before installing Enterprise Reporter, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements.
Intel or AMD 2 GHz multiprocessor
Minimum: 8 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space
Disk space requirements will vary with the Enterprise Reporter components you install:
It is not recommended that the server or console be installed on a domain controller.
Server – Enterprise Reporter Server
Consoles – Configuration Manager, Report Manager and Database Wizard
NOTE: New Dynamic Access Control (DAC) features are not supported.
To obtain links to the following required software, launch the Enterprise Reporter Autorun.
Remote Registry service enabled on discovery targets for collections
SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3
500 MHz+ Processor
Minimum 2 GB RAM; Recommended 4 GB RAM
100 MB free disk space for every 1,000,000 files/folders scanned
Windows clusters and NAS devices need to be managed by a remote agent, located on a machine running a Windows O/S that is supported by Enterprise Reporter.
When an agent service is installed on Windows Server 2012, you must disable the following local policy: User Account Control: run all Administrators in Admin Approval Mode.
Upgrade and Compatibility
Note the following when upgrading to Enterprise Reporter 2.5:
Note the following for compatibility: