Enterprise visibility, auditing and reporting for Active Directory, Windows Server and SQL Server
Enterprise Reporter is a scalable solution for auditing, analyzing and reporting on the configuration of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server and SQL Server across the enterprise.
Enterprise Reporter is a scalable solution for auditing, analyzing and reporting on the configuration of Microsoft® Active Directory®, Windows Server® and SQL Server® across the enterprise.
Predefined and customizable reporting tools make it easy to perform compliance and security assessments, pre- and post-migration analysis and configuration change history auditing—enabling successful IT audits, informed strategic planning and proactive management for Microsoft® Windows-based networks.
- Compliance & security visibility—Gain visibility into the configuration of all critical IT assets in Active Directory domains, SQL servers, Windows file servers and NAS devices. This comprehensive Windows server reporting improves compliance with security best practices, internal policies and external regulations.
- Real-time access assessment—Know who has access to what resources across the enterprise network. Tighten security and ensure successful IT audits by ensuring that access is provided on a “need to know” basis.
- Pre-migration and post-migration analysis—Ensure a smooth domain migration or consolidation project by inventorying what needs to be migrated and verifying that migrations are completed as planned.
- Change review—Implement change review process by capturing the historical configuration of Active Directory, Windows file servers and SQL Servers, and viewing detailed change history reports.
- Scalable data collection—Scale to environments of any size and geographic distribution. Schedule collections during off-peak hours to minimize the impact of data collection on network and server performance, and leverage a distributed collection architecture for load balancing.
- Efficient storage—Reduce database storage requirements and save more change history data by comparing discoveries and storing only the changes.
- Automated reporting workflows—Automate report generation and delivery for multiple report consumers according to different schedules.
- Separation of duties (SoD)—Honor departmental and business function boundaries by letting auditors, help desk and IT managers get exactly the reports they asked for, including Active Directory reports.
- Customizable reports—Use predefined and customizable reports with advanced filtering and multiple formats (including PDF, HTML, MHT, RTF, XLS, XLSX, CSV, text and images) to enable effective data analysis that meets the unique informational needs of your organization.
- Common reporting portal—Export reports to Dell Knowledge Portal for a unified reporting interface across the entire family of Dell Software compliance and IT governance solutions.
Before installing Enterprise Reporter, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements.
Intel or AMD 2 GHz multiprocessor
Minimum: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space
Disk space requirements will vary with the Quest Enterprise Reporter components you install:
It is not recommended that the server or console be installed on a domain controller.
Server – Enterprise Reporter Server
Consoles – Configuration Manager, Report Manager and Database Wizard
To obtain links to the following required software, launch the Enterprise Reporter Autorun.
Remote Registry service enabled on discovery targets for collections
SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3
500 MHz+ Processor
Windows clusters and NAS devices need to be managed by a remote agent, located on a machine running a Windows O/S that is supported by Enterprise Reporter.
When an agent service is installed on Windows Server 2012, you must disable the following local policy: User Account Control: run all Administrators in Admin Approval Mode.