Integrated transaction- and customer-centric application performance monitoring
No matter how you look at it, when you’re getting greater performance from your web applications, it’s significantly easier to retain customers, minimize abandonment and maximize revenue streams. Help your organization prosper by equipping application support, IT operations, development, DevOps, and business stakeholders with answers, not just data. Foglight, the application performance monitoring (APM) solution from Dell Software, allows you to:
- Ensure a positive end-user experience by eliminating downtime and resolving problems faster
- Manage a high volume and pace of change, while reducing or eliminating risks associated with new application launches, mobile or cloud migrations and technology upgrades
- Leverage a single lens for reporting on business functions across all IT silos, like report on status of key business initiatives
- Maximize collaboration and accelerate incident management with a single version of the truth
Dell's application performance monitoring (APM) solution, Foglight, blends business context with deep technical insight, unifying all users and data within a structured model built around transactions – leveraging our patent-pending TransactionDNA technology.
When optionally combined with other Foglight performance monitoring capabilities for database, virtualization or storage, Foglight APM complements a full range of enterprise monitoring strategies. Whether you follow a traditional data center model, or a cloud (or hybrid) model, you can be sure your performance management needs are covered with Dell Software.
- User Experience Monitoring –Capture both performance and content of every click by every user
- TransactionDNA –Unify data and relationships across all transaction dimensions from browser to the database, from the code to the hypervisor
- Analytics — Tackle the big data problem of APM with actionable insight from powerful and intuitive dashboards with pre-defined dimensions
- Collaboration – Extend monitoring data to other stakeholders to enable maximum team collaboration based on a common platform and a single version of the truth
Foglight Application Performance Monitoring videos
Organizes top-level SLA dashboards by services, tiers and transactions
Organizes SLA dashboards based on business context (from transaction attributes parsed from URL parameters, header and payload content) enabling prioritization of IT issues according to business impact.
Maps the application infrastructure
Maps the application infrastructure to deliver rich run-time architecture and dependency mapping with complete transaction path analysis – from end user request to container to VM to ESX. Integrated support for vMotion dynamically updates the maps in real-time. Optionally extend visibility to database/storage systems and all network devices along the path.
Links all application layer traces to end-user requests
Follows individual transactions from the end user through the application infrastructure to deliver a dynamic run-time architecture and response time breakdown by tier that links directly to all aspects of the transaction execution including the associated method-level traces for code- and container-level troubleshooting, and the end user session with all the associated content and user data at the browser layer.
Visualizes conversion funnel for checkout process
Displays conversion funnel for multi-step business processes (e.g. checkout) including a chart of actual dollars lost over time from abandoned transactions.
Provides deep Java and .NET monitoring
Provides deep Java and .NET monitoring with rich developer-friendly detail into individual requests and method calls, low overhead for production deployment, and intelligent baselining for proactively detecting anomalous behavior before it impacts end users.
Shows geographical distribution of user activity
Shows geographical distribution of user activity for quick identification of who is being affected and to what extent.
Pivots page content data in a dashboard view
Pivots page content data by location, browser, and content type to generate a dashboard view that helps IT and business analysts pinpoint common attributes in performance slowdowns and errors.