Simplified end user monitoring and management
Improve web application performance with Foglight™ User Experience Management. This end-user experience monitoring solution gives you a better understanding of the experience your users and customers have when interacting with your web applications. By proactively monitoring the real user experience, you can identify performance issues, get insights into user and customer behavior, and improve the performance of your web applications. With Foglight User Experience Management solutions, you get the visibility to:
- Detect web application issues before they affect your end users
- Monitor and validate service-level agreement compliance
- Discover the components and applications that are causing performance issues
- Speed up the diagnosis of your performance problem’s root cause
- Evaluate user, effectiveness, efficiency and productivity
- Recognize real user demand for applications
- Utilize Dell’s Professional Services to ensure a successful deployment that’s tailored to your business objectives and unique environment, and promotes user adoption
- Get 24/7 access to a highly skilled support team if you need assistance monitoring your critical applications
Manage end users from the IT perspective
- TransactionDNA technology – Experience a data model that uses transactions as the framework for unifying disparate sources of rich IT data for dashboards, visualizations and analysis.
- Customer-centric transactions – Get deeper end-user insight with all application layer traces linked back to the end user and their associated session activity.
- Performance-based service levels – Alert users when baselines violate defined service levels by accessing details on baseline response times.
- Geographic performance and volume – Monitor throughput and user response time by any logical grouping, such as location.
- Web/application server performance – Monitor your web and application servers for conditions related to CPU load, configuration, the number of users accessing the server and the number of services running on the server at a given moment to ensure that OLAs are not being breached.
Managing end users from their perspective
- Web transaction triage – Search, capture and store data on every end user’s web site experience to learn the user’s actions and the system’s response to those actions.
- Session and transaction replay – Enable notification when business-critical pages are called, load slowly or content is out of expectations by segmenting hits and pages for alerting, monitoring and playback.
- Problem reproduction for the help desk –With just one click, assemble and e-mail a comprehensive user session with replay to provide more information to your service desk system when submitting an incident.
Managing end users from the business perspective
- Contextual forensics – See the exact same information and displays as the end user in your browser for improved troubleshooting and greater insight into website usage patterns.
- Transaction conversion analysis – Get visibility into the interaction between users, your web site and marketing initiative success rates.
- Configurable transaction attributes – Granular views give you a thorough understanding of conversion rates by inquiry type, as well as the related barriers and leakage points that inhibit them.
- Ad-hoc transaction reporting – Ensure that user session data is available and organized for use by your data analysis tools.
- Attribute search and pivot table creation – Achieve easy analysis and reporting by finding and exporting only desired data into your spreadsheets.
Organizes top-level SLA dashboards by services, tiers and transactions
Organizes SLA dashboards based on business context (from transaction attributes parsed from URL parameters, header and payload content) enabling prioritization of IT issues according to business impact.
Maps the application infrastructure
Maps the application infrastructure to deliver rich run-time architecture and dependency mapping with complete transaction path analysis – from end user request to container to VM to ESX. Integrated support for vMotion dynamically updates the maps in real-time. Optionally extend visibility to database/storage systems and all network devices along the path.
Monitors AJAX applications from multiple perspectives
Replays user-session activity enabling contextual forensics and troubleshooting
Visualizes web user activity for a true replication of the user experience that goes beyond performance analysis to capture and troubleshoot issues related to user clicks and data entry.
Visualizes conversion funnel for checkout process
Displays conversion funnel for multi-step business processes (e.g. checkout) including a chart of actual dollars lost over time from abandoned transactions.
Shows geographical distribution of user activity
Shows geographical distribution of user activity for quick identification of who is being affected and to what extent.
Pivots page content data in a dashboard view
Pivots page content data by location, browser, and content type to generate a dashboard view that helps IT and business analysts pinpoint common attributes in performance slowdowns and errors.
Attacks the big data problem in APM with storage and analysis of high-volume, high-granularity data
Attacks the big data problem in APM with a highly scalable federated repository for storage and analysis of high-volume, high-granularity data — records every click by every web user!