Simplify your virtual Active Directory monitoring
Quickly detect, diagnose and resolve virtual and physical Active Directory performance problems.
Quickly find, diagnose and fix problems affecting virtual Active Directory performance and related infrastructure in both virtual and physical environments with this tool. Leverage logical and architectural representations that offer unparalleled insight into virtual Microsoft Active Directory.
Easily identify and understand the causes of replication, performance and availability issues — problems that are compounded when AD resides in a virtual or mixed physical/virtual environment. Plus, create service level agreement (SLA) reports that help you manage and meet your business needs.
- Detailed architectural representations – Draw attention to critical load areas and abnormal flows of data with intuitive dashboards that immediately identify problems.
- Dashboard with logical views – Peruse virtualization components that depict logical representations of each component or group to better understand overall AD health and relationships.
- Physical and virtual environment vizualization – Get consolidated views that highlight issues in the whole physical and virtual environment, including the hypervisor and application infrastructure, then navigate to problem areas quickly.
- Virtualization awareness – Use visual cues to identify AD components residing on virtual infrastructure and troubleshoot issues directly in the virtualization layer.
- Dashboard of top consumers – Categorize top resource consumers across the entire environment to detect load issues for quick troubleshooting and repair.
- Out-of-the box alerts with expert advice – Get detailed alarms that highlight best practices, incident predictions, deviations and operational problems, then speed mean time to resolution.
- Advanced drill-down capabilities – Find answers through detailed dashboards to frequently asked questions about performance, system environment and capacity, and save research time.
- SLA reporting – Demonstrate how the AD infrastructure supports your business by easily creating SLA performance and availability reports.
- Reporting – Use a unique drag-and-drop graphical report-building tool to quickly produce ad hoc and scheduled reports.
- Metrics management – Benefit from additional troubleshooting metrics that provide exposure into hidden areas.
- Diagnostic tests and reports – Schedule and initiate AD-specific reports, and get deeper troubleshooting capabilities when alarms arise.
- FRS/DFS-R visibility – Use additional graphs that show file system replication health to ensure that information you receive from one domain controller is replicated to other partner domain controllers.
- Critical change alarms – Get automated alarms when a domain controller or server has been added or removed from the environment.
- Cartridge user roles – Assign role-based delegate permissions to control which users have access to specific parts of vFoglight/Foglight.
Monitor Active Directory Replication
With Foglight for Active Directory, you can monitor AD replication instantly. You'll also have full visibility of the number of alarms and warnings direct from the vFoglight welcome screen.
Detect Alarms Throughout Your Entire AD Forest
By drilling into Foglight for Active Directory, you'll have full visibility of "All Forests Alarms."
See How Often an Alarm Has Occurred
To reveal the other instances of a specific alarm, simply select the "I" under "Info" at the bottom of the screen.
Detect Historical Occurrences of Alarms
Selecting the "Alarm Message" reveals that the "File Replication Service has stopped on the Domain Controller." The alarm has not been acknowledged yet. Select "Find Historical Occurrences" for more detail..
Detect Historical Occurrences of Alarms (2/3)
The Alarm Historical Occurrences screen reveals that this alarm has occurred once before.
Detect Historical Occurrences of Alarms (3/3)
Drilling into a specific occurrence shows whether or not the alarm has been cleared, and if so, by whom. In this example, the alarm was cleared by admin "lmurphy".
Resolve Issues with Actionable Recommendations
With Foglight for Active Directory, you can acknowledge the alarm and restart the service on the Domain Controller as recommended by the alarm's "Message and Help" function.