Continuous DB2 performance monitoring that’s scalable and web-based
Provide scalable, intelligent, web-based monitoring 24x7 with ease.
Accelerate problem resolution with this powerful DB2 monitoring tool. It provides constant remote database monitoring, and correlates performance data across your technology stack. It guides you through response time and wait event analyses, so you instantly understand existing and developing database performance conditions. Plus, our IntelliProfile™ technology ensures a thriving post-change database environment to help eliminate deployment risks. Maximize your DB2 resources and take action immediately with Foglight for DB2.
- Global view – Resolve performance issues across DB2 and other platforms by determining your most critical problems and taking immediate action.
- Built-in intelligence – Get integrated management and performance views that allow you to understand the health and activity of your DB2 enterprise. Also receive pop-up advice with correlated workflows.
- Adaptive baselines – Receive alerts about deviations from normal activity, as well as track performance using automatic detection and calculation of normal ranges for all metrics.
- Automatic instance discovery – Use automatic instance discovery or specific hosts to deploy Foglight capabilities rapidly and painlessly. Manually add instances, as needed.
- Rich historical data – Resolve performance issues by navigating through performance diagnostics and alarm data from any drill-down screen.
- Enterprise configuration management – Customize your individual connections, and centralize administration and configuration.
- Alarm workflow – Search for past solutions, set up blackouts, and manage and annotate your alarms.
- Easy integration – Integrate your other end-to-end enterprise monitors seamlessly.
- Wait-state analysis – Determine the location and cause of waits by diagnosing your wait statistics.
- Wizard-driven installation – Add database monitoring to your existing infrastructure, or configure Foglight as a standalone solution with this powerful wizard.
- Drag-and-drop reporting – Use the data collected by Foglight to develop customized views and reports.
Before installing the Foglight Cartridge for IBM DB2 LUW 5.5.5, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
|Operating System||ESE version 8.1.5 or later||ESE version 9.1 or later||ESE version 9.5||ESE version 9.7|
|IBM AIX 5.2, 5.3 (32-bit)||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|IBM AIX 5.2, 5.3 (64-bit)||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|IBM AIX 6.1 (64-bit)||no||yes||yes||yes|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0 (Linux 2.6, 32-bit)||yes||yes||yes||no|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0 & 5.0 (Linux 2.6, 64-bit x86 and AMD64)||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Sun Solaris 8, 9, 10 (SPARC only, 32-bit)||yes||no||no||yes|
|Sun Solaris 9, 10 (SPARC only, 64-bit)||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Novell SuSE 9 and 10 SLES on Linux 2.6 (32 and 64 bit - x86 and AMD x64)||yes||yes||yes||no|
|Windows 2003 (x86, 32-bit)||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Windows 2003 (x86_64, 64-bit, see CR-0234166)||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Windows 2003 (x86_64, 64-bit, Itanium, see the note below)||yes||yes||no||no|
- Dell support for the HP-UX 11i (11.11) PA-RISC (32-bit and 64-bit) platform has been deprecated from this release.
- IBM is deprecating support for DB2 running on the HP-UX 11i (11.11) PA-RISC (32-bit and 64-bit) platform.
- Dell support for DB2 versions below 8.2 has been deprecated from this release.
- The Windows 2003 (x86_64, 64-bit, Itanium) platform is supported on ESE 8.2 and 9.1. The Itanium platform is certified for ESE 9.1.
For information about system requirements for this release, see the Foglight 5.5.5 System Requirements and Platform Support Guide.
- US English
Powerful dashboards provide intuitive workflows to get you started quickly.
The DB2 cartridge identifies blocking locks in real-time and historically.
Analyze current activity
View all running applications in real-time per database or database member.
Database cluster comparison
Quickly identify balance issues and resolve performance problems.
View performance information on the most resource-consuming statements.