Simplified virtual Exchange monitoring
Quickly detect, diagnose and resolve virtual and physical Microsoft Exchange performance problems.
Quickly detect, diagnose and resolve performance and availability problems affecting Microsoft Exchange servers in both physical and virtual environments with this tool. Receive unparalleled insight into virtual Exchange applications, relationships and states through logical and architectural representations. Ensure uptime and optimize virtual Exchange server performance with out-of-the-box alerts and expert advice. Plus, create service level agreement (SLA) reports that help you monitor, manage and meet your business needs.
- Detailed architectural representations – View critical load areas and abnormal flows of data with intuitive dashboards that immediately identify problems.
- Dashboard with logical views – See Exchange components depicting logical representations of each component, or group to better understand overall Exchange health and relationships in the infrastructure.
- Physical and virtual environment visualization – Get consolidated views that highlight issues in the whole physical and virtual environment, including the hypervisor and application infrastructure perspectives, then quickly navigate to problem areas.
- Virtualization awareness – Identify Exchange components residing on virtual infrastructure to troubleshoot issues directly in the virtualization layer.
- Dashboard of top consumers – Categorize top resource consumers across the entire environment to detect load issues for quick troubleshooting and repair.
- Out-of-the box alerts with expert advice – Get detailed alarms that highlight best practices, incident predictions, deviations and operational problems, then speed mean time to resolution.
- Advanced drill-down capabilities – Find answers to frequently asked questions about performance system environment and capacity through detailed dashboards.
- SLA reporting – Demonstrate how the Exchange infrastructure supports your business by easily creating SLA performance and availability reports.
- Reporting – Use a unique drag-and-drop graphical report-building tool to quickly produce ad hoc and scheduled reports.
- Metrics management – Benefit from additional troubleshooting metrics that provide exposure into hidden areas.
- Diagnostic tests and reports – Schedule and initiate AD-specific reports, and leverage deeper troubleshooting capabilities when alarms arise.
- Exchange clusters tile – Observe and understand the relationships within clustered Exchange servers, along with the resources they share.
- Critical change alarms – Receive automated alarms when a domain controller or server has been added or removed from the environment.
- Cartridge user roles – Assign role-based delegate permissions to control which users have access to specific parts of vFoglight/Foglight.
Monitor Exchange Services
With Foglight for Exchange, you can monitor Exchange services instantly. You'll also have full visibility of the number of alarms and warnings direct from the vFoglight welcome screen.
Detect Alarms Throughout Your Exchange Server
By drilling into the Servers tab of Foglight for Exchange, you'll have full visibility of alarms across your Exchange server.
Detect Historical Occurrences of Alarms
Selecting the “Alarm Message” reveals that the “Exchange Information Store (MSExchangeIS) service is in the Stopped State” on the Exchange server. The alarm has not been acknowledged yet. Select “Find Historical Occurrences” for more detail.
Improve User Experience
Detect Historical Occurrences of Alarms (2/2)
Diagnose the State of Exchange Services
For more diagnosis, select the Exchange Explorer screen to check on the state of all Exchange Services (at the bottom of the screen). In this screen, only the “Exch Information Store” service is in a stopped state.
Resolve Issues with Actionable Recommendations
With Foglight for Exchange, you can acknowledge the alarm and restart the "Exchange Information Store (MSEXchangeIS) service" as recommended by the alarm's "Message and Help" function.