IBM WebSphere MQ monitoring that’s simplified
Simplify IBM WebSphere MQ performance monitoring.
Resolve incidents that arise within the IBM® WebSphere® MQ infrastructure before they become an issue. Enjoy improved service levels and reduced risk of downtime. Experience a correlated 360-degree view of your application environments (including applications dependent on MQ). Find the causes of problems, then prioritize and fix the issues quickly with this MQ monitoring tool.
- Detect and adapt to infrastructure changes automatically
- Manage applications across complex architectures
- Monitor, compare and present data from multiple perspectives
- Receive immediate incident alerts
- Understand the cause of problems faster
- Improve service levels – Enhance your efficiency whether you have contractual service level agreements or a basic understanding of what the business needs by modeling and managing your applications according to the services(s) they support.
- Reduce incident mean-time-to-resolution – Identify and diagnose the cause of an incident quickly, and assign the right team to resolve it. Foglight correlates metrics, components and relationships across your MQ messaging and IT infrastructures.
- Mitigate risk downtime – Easily detect trends and prevent downtime with Foglight’s historical views of performance.
- Lower operational costs – Understand and resolve an incident the first time with automated diagnostic capabilities that deliver all the relevant information you need.
- Experience extensive visibility – Gain deeper insight into your environment by having greater visibility into critical applications and the end-user experience.
- Adapt to change quickly – React swiftly when existing applications are modified, as MQ Objects are automatically identified when new application are introduced.
- Manage applications across complex architectures – Improve your control and visibility by being able to track the performance and availability of application services across multiple dedicated or shared computing resources.
- Monitor from multiple perspectives - Understand your environment better through intelligent monitoring, correlation and presentation of multiple perspectives – including end user, application performance, database, service levels, infrastructure and the WebSphere MQ ESB.
- Correlate between application service levels and messaging environment health – Determine whether messages have been sent, received and processed successfully through real-time MQ performance monitoring.
- Get notified immediately – Receive instant incident alerts (via e-mail, event console, page, SNMP or other mediums) in response to pre-defined performance thresholds or events.
- Automate corrective actions – Customize your environment by creating specific rules that trigger alerts, as well as corrective actions to events.