Java application performance that’s production-ready
Simplify Java application performance monitoring.
Experience production-ready application performance monitoring (APM) of your Java apps, regardless of whether problems reside in the Java code or the container. Improve your Java performance management by isolating application problems in the transaction path, and identifying the causes. Benefit from having an integral component of the Foglight APM solution, a fully integrated architecture that provides comprehensive end-to-end monitoring. Depend on this Java monitoring tool for dynamic run-time architecture visualization, application flow maps with client browser and network response time breakdowns, end-user session replays as well as linkage that supports virtual or physical infrastructure and facilitates triage and root-cause workflows.
- Oversee Java performance and availability from end user to the database
- Detect performance and memory problems down to the offending line of code
- Diminish MTTR with deep coverage across the application stack
- Track individual user issues in production with pinpoint diagnostics
- Production-ready 24x7 Java monitoring – Leverage multi-level byte code instrumentation options to improve your Java monitor flexibility, and gain high value with limited overhead.
- Real-time alerts and intuitive workflows – Track individual requests for method-level details to facilitate triage and diagnosis. Receive alerts on slow web requests that impact end users, and click through to visualize the transaction path and response time breakdown across the run-time architecture.
- TransactionDNA technology – Leverage a patent-pending data model that uses transactions as the framework for unifying disparate sources of rich IT data for dashboards, visualizations and analysis.
- Customer-centric transactions – Combine with Foglight for User Experience Monitoring to integrate the user perspective with all application layer traces automatically linked back to the end user and their associated session activity.
- Application flow maps – Visualize the full transaction flow through application server and middleware tiers application flow maps. Optionally extend mapping to include the client browser, database and storage systems, and all network devices along the path with additional Foglight cartridges.
- Auto-detection of application run-time architecture – Keep up with dynamic production environment changes, including vMotion, by being able to visualize accurate transaction paths.
- Java container and JVM monitoring – Support triage workflows with key data generated from tile-based views. Experience root cause analysis through deep visualizations that aid second-level support application teams. Gain insight into your environment by collecting data on state, alarms and events by server, application or Java EE artifact (such as an EAR file).
- Memory leak detection – Pinpoint memory leaks by monitoring the heap, allocated objects and garbage collection activity by transaction and user.
- Comprehensive APM coverage – Use Foglight for Java with other Foglight monitoring capabilities to access transactional, application component, and infrastructure visualizations of the run-time architecture. Get the correct APM view for the right user, and facilitate collaboration between application operations, support and development.
Foglight for Java Videos
Organizes top-level SLA dashboards by services, tiers and transactions
Organizes SLA dashboards based on business context (from transaction attributes parsed from URL parameters, header and payload content) enabling prioritization of IT issues according to business impact.
Maps the application infrastructure
Maps the application infrastructure to deliver rich run-time architecture and dependency mapping with complete transaction path analysis – from end user request to container to VM to ESX. Integrated support for vMotion dynamically updates the maps in real-time. Optionally extend visibility to database/storage systems and all network devices along the path.
Identifies application components as part of the run-time architecture via a simple, tile-based representation.
Enables independent admin teams to coordinate effectively with full integration of cross-functional capability with intuitive drill-down into specialized expert dashboards.
Links all application layer traces to end-user requests
Follows individual transactions from the end user through the application infrastructure to deliver a dynamic run-time architecture and response time breakdown by tier that links directly to all aspects of the transaction execution including the associated method-level traces for code- and container-level troubleshooting, and the end user session with all the associated content and user data at the browser layer.
Identify virtualization impacts on web application performance
Combine with virtualization monitoring for the only APM solution takes application support from the end-user transaction to JVM to VM to ESX host in order to identify the effects of virtualization and shared resource conflicts for web applications.
Specialists use expert dashboards for deep dive analysis
Java specialists use expert dashboards designed to evaluate transactional activity purely from the application layer.
Perform code level root cause analysis
Java specialists evaluate method level code detail to find the source of code based performance problems.