Operating system monitoring that’s simplified
Simplify performance monitoring of operating systems.
Monitor and manage the operating system that underlies every application, database, network device and server running in your environment. Oversee memory, CPU and I/O processes and aggregate event data so you can visualize core physical and virtual metrics, and act upon them. Identify when a problem starts and isolate its cause with real-time graphics and detailed metrics.
- Provide a consistent management approach to all of your diverse operating systems
- Connect different parts of your IT environment as one centralized platform
- Create alarms and events based on operating system content and file
- Tailor the behavior of standard system elements based upon utility discovery
- Unified host model – Enable aggregate collections (such as I/O utilization spanning multiple systems or aggregate CPU utilization) with a uniform approach that manages different operating systems and hosts.
- Graphical diagnostic capabilities – Identify when a problem starts and its cause with real-time graphics of key operating system processes, and drill-downs into system metrics.
- Collection of numerous metrics – Gather key metrics on storage capacity trends, top I/O users, memory availability and consumption, top system users and CPU utilization.
- Log file content monitoring – Use agents and establish alarms when the content matches regular expression filters so you can monitor the log file content for OS errors.
- Disk activity monitoring – Capture vital disk and file system data regarding usage, capacity and severity.
- URL response-time monitoring – Get better insight into system performance by determining the response time of URLs behind firewalls.
- Process group health checks – Help predict failures by monitoring fluctuating process counts and zombie processes. Problems can occur in unmonitored situations when new process IDs aren’t available.
Foglight supports these operating systems:
- HP HP-UX
- IBM AIX
- Microsoft Windows
- Novell SLES
- RedHat & CentOS
- Sun Solaris
- US English
Oversee memory, CPU and I/O processes, and aggregate event data.
Server Quick View
View high-level CPU, memory, I/O and network use.
Server Details View
Gain detailed information on CPU, memory, I/O and network use.