Operating system monitoring that’s simplified
Monitor and manage the operating system that underlies every application, database, network device and server running in your environment. Oversee memory, CPU and I/O processes and aggregate event data so you can visualize core physical and virtual metrics, and act upon them. Identify when a problem starts and isolate its cause with real-time graphics and detailed metrics.
- Provide a consistent management approach to all of your diverse operating systems
- Connect different parts of your IT environment as one centralized platform
- Create alarms and events based on operating system content and file
- Tailor the behavior of standard system elements based upon utility discovery
- Unified host model – Enable aggregate collections (such as I/O utilization spanning multiple systems or aggregate CPU utilization) with a uniform approach that manages different operating systems and hosts.
- Graphical diagnostic capabilities – Identify when a problem starts and its cause with real-time graphics of key operating system processes, and drill-downs into system metrics.
- Collection of numerous metrics – Gather key metrics on storage capacity trends, top I/O users, memory availability and consumption, top system users and CPU utilization.
- Log file content monitoring – Use agents and establish alarms when the content matches regular expression filters so you can monitor the log file content for OS errors.
- Disk activity monitoring – Capture vital disk and file system data regarding usage, capacity and severity.
- URL response-time monitoring – Get better insight into system performance by determining the response time of URLs behind firewalls.
- Process group health checks – Help predict failures by monitoring fluctuating process counts and zombie processes. Problems can occur in unmonitored situations when new process IDs aren’t available.
Foglight supports these operating systems:
- HP HP-UX
- IBM AIX
- Microsoft Windows
- Novell SLES
- RedHat & CentOS
- Sun Solaris
- US English
Oversee memory, CPU and I/O processes, and aggregate event data.
Server Quick View
View high-level CPU, memory, I/O and network use.
Server Details View
Gain detailed information on CPU, memory, I/O and network use.