Simplified application monitoring and management
Simplify performance monitoring of Oracle E-Business Suite applications.
Easily manage the availability of your Oracle E-Business Suite applications. Increase the business value and lower the total cost of ownership of this Oracle E-business monitoring tool by being able to detect performance degradations and application availability issues. Plus, Foglight helps key stakeholders understand application performance via customizable, role-based dashboards. Learn more how Oracle E-Business Suite monitoring can improve your business.
- Oversee and manage critical Oracle E-Business Suite performance measurements
- Detect and solve issues proactively before end users are affected
- Lower total cost of ownership for Oracle E-Business Suite systems
- Enhance application compliance and adherence to service levels
- Associate performance and availability problems to business services being affected
- Business and technical monitoring – Reduce application downtime, quickly identify root causes and focus IT efforts on the most critical problems. Foglight provides the information you need by monitoring a broad range of Oracle E-Business application and business activities.
- Proactive alerting – Manage application performance issues and SLA compliance with out-of-the-box alarm configurations, customizable rules and auto baseline metrics.
- Point-in-time analysis – Identify the incident and user with ease by starting with the business impact and working backward to determine the cause.
- Intuitive diagnostics – Streamline diagnostics through a central console that provides end-to-end visibility of all relevant EBS application performance data, and associates all performance and availability issues with business services.
- Service level tracking – Increase service level performance by establishing historical, realistic and manageable service levels at the application, geographical and enterprise levels.
- Role-based views – Benefit from consistent, accurate data presented in formats suitable for each audience, which facilitates better decision making.
- Business service grouping – Extend management to both novice administrators and application experts as Foglight logically organizes activities or services into service groups.
- Capacity planning and performance trending – See your business-critical EBS applications in their past, current and projected states so you have a deeper understanding of your environment.
Oracle E-Business End-to-End Application Monitoring
Just one of the many dashboards available to visualize the health of the environment, the Foglight Oracle E-Business geographical dashboard monitors each tier of Oracle E-Business releases 11i and 12, from the end user perspective to application servers, database servers and the internals of the application, including concurrent managers. This view shows the health of the application from an SLA, end-user and infrastructure tier perspective. It also shows the details of those perspectives with drill downs for each
Overdue Workflow Alarm
In this use case, Foglight has detected a problem in the Oracle E-Business workflow. Specifically, Foglight has found that 15 users have not responded to workflow notifications by the due date specified. Because this gives users the impression that the Oracle E-Business system is too slow, this is an issue you should investigate.
Foglight Oracle E-Business Home Page
To investigate the overdue workflow identified in the previous screen of this tour, you will use a different Foglight dashboard, the Oracle E-Business Overview page. This page shows the critical metrics of the application, including if the critical process are running, how many users are logged in, what is running in the concurrent manager, how many jobs have run and how many were successful. It also shows statistics for workflow. You can investigate this issue by drilling down further in the next screenshot.
Oracle E-Business Workflow Details (1/2)
The Workflow Drill Down dashboard shows counts for the various stages of the workflow processes, workflow related alarms, and specific details for long running workflows and overdue notifications.
Oracle E-Business Workflow Details (2/2)
Scrolling down on the Workflow Drill Down dashboard, you can also see the detail about workflows that can be purged. In this use case, you are being alerted to workflows where notifications are overdue, so let's You can drill down deeper into the overdue notifications.
Real-Time Overdue Workflow Details
In this dashboard, you can see the counts for each application user with overdue workflows. By selecting an individual user, for example, RCULLEN, you can see the details for each overdue workflow. With this information, you can contact the user and have the notifications delegated or modify the workflow in the application so that business processing can continue.
Foglight Oracle E-Business Summary
In addition to this one specific example of drilling into a specific problem, Foglight for Oracle E-Business includes many out-of-the-box health checks and alerts to continuously and proactively ensure that the application is running optimally. Combined with exceptional end user, Java and database monitor, Foglight is a complete application performance monitoring (APM) solution.