PeopleSoft application performance monitor that’s simplified
Prevent underperforming applications from harming revenues and customer service. Foglight for PeopleSoft gives you visibility into the entire environment - from end user through the application servers. Prioritize corrective actions before availability problems affect end users, as Foglight's PeopleSoft performance monitoring capabilities provide visibility into the entire application stack in context.
- Provide visibility of critical PeopleSoft performance measurements
- Detect and solve issues proactively before end users are affected
- Lower total cost of ownership for PeopleSoft systems
- Enhance application compliance and adherence to service levels
- Associate performance and availability problems to business services being affected
- Comprehensive performance management – Act before your business is impacted by immediately addressing performance degradation and application issues.
- Business service grouping – Allow all stakeholders to get more out of this PeopleSoft monitoring application by organizing different activities or services into groups.
- Intelligent recording – Monitor and record transactions and actual user experiences to improve application service levels.
- Proactive alerts – Use out-of-the-box alarm configurations to proactively manage service levels for PeopleSoft infrastructure and application components.
- Service level tracking – Establish historical, realistic and manageable service levels at application, geographical and enterprise levels to increase service levels.
- Role-based views – Get consistent, factual data presented in easily-digestible reports customized for each stakeholder to improve decision making.
- Comprehensive change management – Establish recovery and restoration of previous versions of objects for rollback or when recreating environments, and protect application customizations from being overwritten.
PeopleSoft End-to-End Application Monitoring
Just one of the dashboards available in Foglight to visualize the health of the environment, the Foglight PeopleSoft geographical dashboard monitors each tier of the application from the end-user perspective to application servers, database servers, and the internals of the application, including the process schedulers. This view shows the health of the application from an SLA, end-user and infrastructure tier perspective. It also shows the details of those perspectives, with clickable drill downs for each.
PeopleSoft Web Tier Alarm
By clicking on the previous screen's web tier yellow warning icon, users can see a PeopleSoft Web Tier alarm. This alarm illustrates an example where the PeopleSoft web server isn't responding within the prescribed service level for a specific request.
You can drill down to get more detail by clicking on the "Instance" hyperlink in the upper left of the alarm.
This dashboard shows the requests and response times from the PeopleSoft web server. The trends and exceptions are easy to see. For this example, we can see that this request has varied in the last four hours between 1.38 and 17.42 seconds. It is currently running about 9.9 seconds.
Java Server Specifics
In addition to viewing requests, you can view the details of the Java server. This example shows the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) heap pools. Other key metrics, like JDBC connection pools, are also available from the Java server home page dashboard.
PeopleSoft from the End User Point of View
In addition to looking at the Java server from an infrastructure point of view, this dashboard shows a PeopleSoft transaction from an end-user point of view such as the HR Payroll user. This view answers the questions: is the problem in the back-end infrastructure or on the client side, how many people are executing this transaction and how many experience problems. Additionally, it can answer the question of where are the users who are having problems.
PeopleSoft User Session
When users have issues, Foglight can search for those sessions and display a list of specific transactions. In this screen, Foglight details 7 errors that occurred during 2 HR Payroll end-user transactions.
Reviewing a PeopleSoft User Session
For a problematic user session, Foglight can re-display the page as the user saw it. In this case, the full navigation path of the pages the user visited, as well as the parameters for each page, is shown on the left. By capturing the full details of the pages users visited, Foglight can perform forensic analysis without requiring additional details from the user.
Foglight PeopleSoft Summary View
You can use this view to determine the health and availability of specific PeopleSoft components, including application servers, scheduler servers and the PeopleSoft database. This example shows just one application server and one scheduler server, but you can view utilization and availability for an entire enterprise from one screen.
PeopleSoft Application Server Drill Down
Drill downs for each of the components provide additional detail. In this example, the historical utilization of the application server is shown. The left-hand side of the screen lists other available views; users can click on these to drill down into further detail.
Foglight PeopleSoft Summary
In addition to these examples of the PeopleSoft end-user experience and application server details, Foglight for PeopleSoft includes many out-of–the-box rules and alerts to continuously and proactively ensure that the application is running optimally. Combined with exceptional end user, Java and database monitoring, Foglight is a complete application performance monitoring (APM) solution.