End-to-everything performance monitoring
Foglight for Storage Management monitors virtual infrastructures and provides performance metrics to help optimize the physical storage shared throughout a virtual environment.
Visualize, analyze and optimize your entire storage infrastructure easily with in-depth analysis, expert advice from Foglight for Storage Management (formerly vFoglight Storage). Ensure optimal virtual machine performance and availability with actionable insights that help detect, diagnose and resolve potential issues from the application, through the virtualization layer, to the physical disk spindle. This solution allows you to control operating expenses (OPEX) and limit capital expenditures (CAPEX) by maximizing capacity utilization of your existing storage arrays during virtualization, consolidation and cloud initiatives.
With complete visualization into storage performance, you can proactively resolve problems before they impact your customers and end users.
- Experience end-to-everything visualization, from the VM to the physical disk spindle
- Visualize capacity utilization easily across both physical and virtual storage
- Collaborate and share storage performance information with peers and management
- Receive actionable advice through advanced storage monitoring analytics
- Reduce the mean-time-to-resolution (MTTR) of storage-related VM performance incidents
Uncover storage issues impacting VMs
- Determine whether VM performance issues are originating in the host, fabric, or storage array. Drill down into the specific metrics of each target device for granular detail about current or historical performance issues to pinpoint the root cause of any given degradation. Foglight for Storage Management delivers end-to-end virtual infrastructure monitoring with logical visualization to help identify bottlenecks in the storage topology that impact VM performance.
Identify which VMs are affected by storage hardware devices
- By identifying which VMs will be affected by maintenance or technical issues with individual storage components, Foglight for Storage Management allows you to plan ahead and take action to prevent VM downtime. You can also see which components are connected downstream — all the way to the physical disk — and assess how much I/O is passing through each piece of hardware. This visibility enables virtual admins to alert system administrators when issues, changes, or maintenance events in storage will impact application performance.
See how storage capacity is related to VM performance
- Proactive scrutiny of physical storage hardware allows for increased uptime by preventing a lack of available storage on overcommitted storage pools and aggregates. To extract the best mix of performance and efficient utilization from thinly provisioned datastores, a deep view of the underlying subsystems is critical to the overall virtualization strategy. Foglight for Storage Management will also analyze your storage consumption patterns to estimate when available capacity will be depleted so that you can proactively plan new disk purchases.
Get a single version of the truth with this single-pane-of-glass solution
- A unified and logical end-to-end view of the virtualization infrastructure gives administrators across multiple areas of responsibility the data they need to understand how separate systems impact overall VM performance. Foglight for Storage Management helps identify storage bottlenecks, provides clear reporting related to which VMs will be impacted by storage issues, proves the origin of VM performance issues, and delivers one-click troubleshooting to identify and remediate those problems. This clear and linear visualization, from the VM to the physical disk, puts an end to cross-team finger-pointing when there’s a performance problem.
Gain visibility into the physical storage that feeds logical datastores.
SAN Data Paths
Identify which virtual machines are affected when a LUN is rebuilt.
Storage Usage Trends
Estimate when available storage capacity will be depleted.
Storage Array Analysis
Investigate the key metrics for the LUNs in your storage arrays.
Storage Switch Analysis
Examine your storage switches for performance issues and alarms.
Receive alarms for events in storage that can affect VM performance.
Quickly identify and eliminate storage performance bottlenecks.
FAQ and Reports
Predefined FAQ and reports help you quickly find storage trouble spots.