Ensure optimal operational efficiency and simplified management of your heterogeneous virtualization infrastructure with Foglight for Virtualization, Standard Edition (formerly VKernel vOPS Server Standard). Whether you’re a novice or IT pro, you’ll get the virtualization management tools you need to simplify and automate daily configuration tasks. Easy to download, deploy and use — Foglight for Virtualization, Standard Edition ensures you’ll be up, running and viewing actionable advice in fewer than 30 minutes.
Easy-to-read dashboards and reports provide you with a single-pane-of-glass view into the performance of your heterogeneous virtual environment. While comprehensive capacity and resource utilization tools help improve VM density and reduce operational expenditures. Foglight for Virtualization, Standard Edition delivers:
- Simplified performance management
- Comprehensive capacity and resource utilization management
- Dynamic change tracking
- Insightful chargeback and showback reporting
- Simplified performance management
- See everything you need to know across your heterogeneous virtual environment from a single-pane-of-glass dashboard, including details on resource utilization and associated costs, alarms, and bottlenecks — helping you meet SLAs more efficiently.
- Predictive virtual machine performance monitoring
- Easily pinpoint current and future potential issues across VMware ESX(i), Microsoft Hyper-V and RHEV hypervisors and drill down into root cause analysis. Resolve issues before applications or users are impacted. Get detailed advice and workflow analysis to help immediately execute a resolution. Organize and manage virtual objects with customer business views, and create dynamic, rule-based business views.
- Maximized resource utilization
- Reduce operating expenses (OPEX) while guaranteeing service level agreements and quality of service with a focus on virtual environment optimization and automation to proactively prevent problems from occurring.
- Actionable optimization to right-size VMs
- Automate the allocation of VM resources to ensure optimal performance of fluctuating workloads. Proactively ensure efficiency and keep application owners happy with expert advice on optimizing VM density, including vCPU, vMemory and guest storage.
- Wastefinder tool to help reclaim resources
- Locate abandoned, powered off, unused templates or snapshots and Zombie VMs, and then select the option to immediately remediate and return wasted resources back to your resource pool.
- Wide-ranging capacity management and planning
- Control capital expenditures (CAPEX) and ensure ongoing capacity optimization with comprehensive insight into resource utilization across your virtual infrastructure. Easily monitor and access current workload capacity, identify shortfalls, analyze alternative scenarios and plan for data center growth or additional virtualized workloads.
- Safe deployment of additional VMs
- Identify available slots, forecast exhaustion of resources in VMs and estimate purchasing requirements with the ability to model hardware changes.
- Compliant change tracking and management with optional rollback
- Gain visibility into configuration changes, and easily remediate unwanted or harmful administrator or vSphere changes that may have caused performance issues. Optionally select to roll back changes at the click of a button to remediate performance degradation.
- Time-saving configuration management
- Enforce proper VM lifecycle management with automation capabilities that help you easily deploy new VMs into an environment, decommission VMs and remove VM files that are unnecessary. Reduce mean-time-to-resolution (MTTR) with automated root cause analysis and virtual machine performance remediation workflows.
- Streamlined user interfaceNEW in Version 7.0
- Follow a more intuitive approach to capacity management and planning.
- Enhanced capacity planningNEW in Version 7.0
- Prepare for host server refresh, upgrade or expansion projects by finding the optimum configurations and minimum number of new or existing host servers to maximize VM performance while minimizing server cost, space and power needs.
- Power minimizationNEW in Version 7.0
- Reduce costs by determining the minimum number of host servers needed over time to safely run workloads and estimating potential cost savings by powering down unneeded servers.
- Advanced optimizationNEW in Version 7.0
- Automatically adjust virtual machine disk sizes up or down to ensure optimal performance of fluctuating workloads.
|Hard disk space|
|Download free trial to see the full list of system requirements.|