Ensure optimal operational efficiency and simplified management of your heterogeneous virtualization infrastructure with Foglight for Virtualization, Standard Edition (formerly VKernel vOPS Server Standard). Whether you’re a novice or IT pro, you’ll get the virtualization management tools you need to simplify and automate daily configuration tasks. Easy to download, deploy and use — Foglight for Virtualization, Standard Edition ensures you’ll be up, running and viewing actionable advice in fewer than 30 minutes.
Easy-to-read dashboards and reports provide you with a single-pane-of-glass view into the performance of your heterogeneous virtual environment. While comprehensive capacity and resource utilization tools help improve VM density and reduce operational expenditures. Foglight for Virtualization, Standard Edition delivers:
- Simplified performance management
- Comprehensive capacity and resource utilization management
- Dynamic change tracking
- Insightful chargeback and showback reporting
- Predictive virtual machine performance monitoring
- See everything you need to know across your heterogeneous virtual environment from a single-pane-of-glass-dashboard, including details on resource utilization and associated costs, alarms, and bottlenecks to ensure SLAs are met. Easily pinpoint current and future potential issues across VMware ESX(i), Microsoft Hyper-V, and RHEV hypervisors and drill down into root cause. Resolve issues before application or user is impacted with detailed advice and workflow to immediately execute a resolution. Organize and manage virtual objects with customer business views and create dynamic business views that are rule based.
- Actionable optimization to right-size VMs and reclaim resources
- Reduce operating expenses (OPEX) while guaranteeing service levels and quality of service with a focus on virtual environment optimization and automation to proactively prevent problems from occurring. Automate the allocation of VM resources to ensure optimal performance of fluctuating workloads. Proactively ensure efficiency and keep application owners happy with expert advice on optimizing VM density, including vCPU, vMemory, and guest storage. Utilize the Wastefinder tool to locate abandoned, powered off, unused templates or snapshots and Zombie VMs, and then select the option to immediately remediate and return wasted resources back to your resource pool.
- Advanced capacity management and planning
- Control capital expenditures (CAPEX) and ensure ongoing capacity optimization with comprehensive insight into resource utilization across your virtual infrastructure. Easily monitor and access current workload capacity, identify shortfalls, analyze alternative scenarios, and plan for data center growth or additional virtualized workloads. Safely deploy additional VMs by identifying available slots, forecast exhaustion of resources in VMs, and estimate purchasing requirements with the ability to model hardware changes. Capacity management capabilities help you avoid resource constraints and eliminate bottlenecks, while capacity planning provides a clear understanding of the capital expenditures you’ll need based on “what-if” scenario modeling.
- Compliant change tracking and management with optional rollback
- Continuous compliance with IT policies and regulatory requirements is only possible when enforced with the right virtual environment operations management technology. Gain visibility into configuration changes and easily remediate unwanted or harmful administrator or vSphere changes that may have caused performance issues. Optionally select to roll back changes at the click of a button to remediate performance degradation.
- Time-saving configuration management
- Enforce proper VM lifecycle management with automation capabilities that help you easily deploy new VMs into an environment, decommission VMs and remove VM files that are unnecessary. Reduce mean-time-to-resolution (MTTR) with automated root cause analysis and virtual machine performance remediation workflows.
|Hard disk space|
|Download free trial to see the full list of system requirements.|
Foglight for Virtualization, Standard Edition 7.0
New capacity management and planning functionality helps to drive data center sustainability and reduce power consumption to decrease operating costs and capital expenditures, while improving workload performance. It does this by analyzing existing VM workload requirements against the entire environment and identifying the minimum number of host servers required over time to safely support workloads. Additionally, Foglight for Virtualization, Standard Edition 7.0 offers:
- Enhanced user interface for a more intuitive approach to capacity management and planning
- New capacity planning features to prepare for host server refresh, upgrade, or expansion projects by finding the optimum configurations and minimum number of new or existing host servers to maximize VM performance while minimizing server cost, space, and power needs
- New power minimization feature to reduce costs by determining the minimum number of host servers needed over time to safely run workloads, and estimating potential cost savings by powering down unneeded servers
- New optimization toautomaticallyadjust virtual machine disk sizes up or down, based on actual use