Oracle performance management tools that monitor, diagnose and analyze
Monitor Oracle environment health, accelerate problem resolution and deliver targeted custom reports.
Maximize your database resources with this advanced Oracle performance management tool. Oversee environment health, accelerate problem resolution, simplify workload trend analysis and generate customized reports – all from an easy-to-use web console. Resolve problems before they impact users, and extend the capabilities of basic database monitoring software, such as Oracle Enterprise Manager monitoring software. Plus, reduce the risks associated with database vulnerability, performance bottlenecks, upgrades, patches and more.
- Global view – Resolve performance issues across Oracle and other platforms by determining your most critical issues and taking immediate.
- Built-in intelligence – Receive integrated management and performance views (as well as pop-up advice with correlated workflows) that allow you to understand the health and activity of your Oracle enterprise.
- Adaptive baselines – Get alerts about deviations from normal activity, and track performance using automatic detection and calculation of normal ranges for all metrics.
- Problem resolution – Speed time to resolution, and remove the guesswork of interpreting raw data by following built-in workflows. Plus, receive intelligent warning alerts based on deviations from normal activity.
- Trend analysis – Detect significant patterns in resource usage, plus identify and resolve degrading performance conditions.
- Performance assurance – Minimize risk when upgrading your database or deploying new applications in production, and facilitate top performance for your post-change environment.
- Wizard-driven installation – Easily add Oracle monitoring to your existing infrastructure, or configure Foglight as a standalone solution with this powerful wizard.
- Automatic instance discovery – Use automatic instance discovery or specific hosts to deploy Foglight capabilities rapidly and painlessly. Manually add instances, as needed.
- RAC, ASM and Dataguard monitoring – Oversee failover replication and manage storage with more efficiency. Get alerts about cluster overhead and interconnect problems – as well as issues at the cluster or instance levels – so you can take immediate corrective action.
- Alarm workflow – Search for past solutions, set up blackouts and manage and annotate your alarms.
- Rich historical data – Resolve performance issues by navigating through diagnostics and alarm data from any drill-down screen.
- Integrated reporting – Define, customize, generate, schedule and deliver targeted, built-in reports on a variety of topics and data points – such as system health, performance, trends and changes.
- Wait-state analysis – Determine the location and cause of waits by diagnosing your wait statistics.
- StealthCollect® – Reduce overhead when executing direct SQL against production, or running a trace with deep SQL-level collection and analysis.
- Performance advisories – Maximize performance with built-in analytics and business intelligence that reviews workload data and produces customized reports.
- QuickCompare – Swiftly determine the causes and symptoms of performance deviations in application environments, and take immediate action.
- Long-term performance repository – Benefit from dimensional analysis in an Oracle database , as well as unlimited performance and environment data storage.
- Automated change tracking – Get alerts about changes to server, instance, database and schema environments, as well as application SQL degradations.
- Easy integration – Seamlessly integrate your other end-to-end enterprise monitors with this Oracle monitoring tool.
Foglight Performance Analysis for SQL Server is Oracle Exadata and SPARC SuperCluster Ready!
Foglight Performance Suite for Oracle is comprised of Foglight for Oracle and Foglight Performance Analysis for Oracle.
Consult with the Foglight System Requirements and Platform Support Guide to determine your hardware considerations.
It is recommended that customers running large deployments (that is, with more than 50 Oracle instances) should consult with the Foglight for Oracle Managing Oracle Database Systems - Hardware Sizing Guide.
The operating system platforms and Oracle versions supported by the Oracle cartridge are:
- 11G R2
Note: Dell also supports Foglight for Oracle on Oracle Exadata Database Machine and SPARC SuperCluster.
- US English
See the operational health and performance of all database servers, regardless of platform, from a single view. Gain enterprise-level insight into your database environments. Foglight unifies all your databases in a centralized console to deliver consistent data and reports; this significantly increases administrative efficiency.
Home Page – Instance View
In a single view, you can see real-time and historical performance at a glance.
Easily create customized dashboards and reports through a simple "drag and drop" interface. Extend visibility of database health and metric data to other areas of the business, including executive management, application development, and storage administrators. Most monitoring solutions require end users to view data in a specific, vendor-supplied mechanism. Foglight offers extensive dashboard and report customization that allows each customer to view real-time and historical data according to their unique requirements.
Performance - SQL
At a glance, get visibility into all the SQL running in your environment to pinpoint troublesome queries and poorly performing applications.
Oracle Performance Dimensions
Evaluate resource consumption of total SQL workload analyzed by multiple dimensions, including specific programs and OS users.
Performance History Summary
Identify instance workload, including information on which resources are being used, information on host health, and baseline indicators to identify if the activity displayed is normal for the time period.
Oracle History - Breakdown
Provides historical overview with key performance indicators for any selected time period.
Historical Workload Overview
Offers built-in business intelligence without the need to build or maintain data cubes. With correlated baseline information to identify normal instance activity and in-context advisory indicators, DBAs can find the root cause of performance issues and resolve them with ease.
Workload - Real-Time
Gain a deeper understanding of normal utilization levels and baseline ranges to improve alerting and diagnose problems caused by resource deviation. Armed with the immediate knowledge that a system is, or is not, behaving the way it usually does helps prove whether the database is the root cause of a performance issue.