Access dozens of free tools for network management and monitoring through a single, integrated interface..
Network tools that help you meet a wide variety of network challenges.
With Quest Free Network Tools (QFNT), you get sixteen individual feature sets that give you the capabilities to solve dozens of network issues. Increase your productivity with a straightforward user interface, customizable dashboard and robust tools. These free network tools help you add efficiency and effectiveness to your front line IT team.
The Quest Free Network Tools suite consolidates several useful network tools to help you monitor and troubleshoot with a single, integrated interface. Other features include:
- Network and device discovery
- Monitoring of devices via SNMP, WMI, Syslog and NetFlow
- Monitoring of Exchange, SQL and Active Directory
- Cisco configuration file backup and upload
- Smooth workflow between tools and dashboards
- Inventory and performance reports
All of these free network tools complement the extensive real-time monitoring provided by Foglight Network Monitoring System (NMS). Plus they can be run directly from within the Foglight NMS Studio.
- Monitoring dashboard – Customize dashboards easily with drag-and-drop placement of network monitoring tools. Get a summary display at your chosen intervals of key performance indicators and diagnostic metrics of device performance and availability.
- Track availability, CPU load, memory, disk space utilization, network interface traffic, network latency, and packet loss
- Leverage support for SNMP v1, 2, 3 and WMI
- View advanced monitors of running services, process availability, and performance counters for MS Exchange, SQL, and Active Directory
- Access an inventory of gadgets including charts, gauges, lists, text, and URLs
- Use full screen mode to maximize view and rotate multiple dashboards
- Application monitoring – Experience in-depth visibility of running processes and performance counters for mission-critical applications. QFNT comes with out-of-the-box support for MS Exchange, SQL, and Active Directory to help you prevent application failures and identify degradations early.
- Device groups – Treat selected network targets as one consolidated target of IPs and subnets, grouped together for quick access when running a tool. Device groups can be used in any tool or dashboard gadget across QFNT to reduce troubleshooting time and set up required with one-off tools.
- Favorite tools – Save settings of your favorite tools. Unlike most network troubleshooting tools, QFNT ensures instant access to your most commonly run tools each time you start, saving you considerable time troubleshooting problems on the network.
- Integration with browser-based solutions – See continuous display of results from any browser-based solution. This feature is unique in the marketplace and allows you to run diagnostic tools and simultaneously monitor Cacti, Nagios, MRTG, OpenNMS, or any other browser-based application.
- Tool history – Easily return to a recent tool run, even if the settings haven’t been saved.