Group policy management and administration simplified
Control and simplify Group Policy management.
GPOADmin automates critical group policy management tasks, reducing your costs and eliminating time-consuming manual processes. You can quickly and effectively administer changes to Group Policy Objects (GPOs) because GPOADmin extends the Microsoft Group Policy Management Console. This also allows you to verify and compare GPO versions over time to confirm the consistency of various GPO settings.
- Version comparisons –Enables you to improve GPO auditing and verify setting consistency quickly and easily with advanced, side-by-side GPO version comparisons at various intervals.
- Approval-based workflow –Ensures that prior to deployment, changes adhere to change management best practices.
- Delete version history –Enables you to delete the history of multiple versions to help you manage and reduce the size of the backup store.
- Workflow commenting –Enables you to track requests, reviews and approvals with comments and e-mail notifications at any stage in the process.
- Scheduling –Allows you to immediately implement or schedule approved changes.
- Microsoft Group Policy Management Console –Maintains a familiar visual experience for your users with GPMC.
- Enhanced Group Policy comparison –Helps you verify setting consistency with side-by-side GPO version comparisons.
- Group Policy lineage –Gives you the ability to test pre-production GPO "clones" before rolling them out.
- Hidden pre-production GPO –Limits pre-production GPO access to you and other selected administrators.
- GPO check-in and check-out –Helps your organization prevent simultaneous editing conflicts.
- GPO locking –Enables you to prevent unwanted and unauthorized changes to production GPOs.
- Pre- and post-actions –Enables users to execute custom actions before or after a GPOADmin change to facilitate integration with internal processes and systems.
- Mobile integration –Allows you to rerun the deployment from your mobile device with Dell™ Mobile IT if the previous deployment fails.
- Automates critical tasks, enabling you to close the gap in the native GPO management processes.
- Helps you prove compliance to MOF, ITIL, Basel II, SOX, C-198 and HIPAA.
- Saves you time by eliminating the need to learn a third-party interface because it integrates with your existing Microsoft tools,
- Provides you with advanced backup and rollback capabilities to drive availability.
- Reduces your organization’s risk of outages and saves valuable time by eliminating scripts and manual processes.
- Centralizes desktop management, thus reducing your organization’s total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Simplifies your organization’s enforcement of enterprise-wide business policies with streamlined GPO control.
- Restricts access to production GPOs to drive your organization’s network security.
Before installing Quest GPOADmin, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
Important! It is recommended that you conduct a thorough threat analysis before opening these services to an untrusted network.
The following ports must be open for the application to function correctly:
Note: To run the Version Control server on a custom port, you must set the following registry value:
From the Quest GPOADmin Server:
GPOAdmin - Overview
GPOADmin snaps into the Microsoft Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) to help streamline and automate critical tasks and provide enhanced auditing, version control and reporting capabilities.
GPOAdmin - GPO Comparison
Industry-leading GPO comparison capabilities ensure the integrity of GPO settings and reduce the risk of policy violations..
GPOAdmin - Rollback
With GPOADmin, you can easily rollback Group Policy Objects to their previous versions, eliminating any ill effects of an undesired change.