Group Policy management and administration simplified
Control and simplify Group Policy management.
GPOADmin automates critical Group Policy management tasks, reducing your costs and eliminating time-consuming manual processes. You can quickly and effectively administer changes to Group Policy objects (GPOs) to support change management best practices. You can also verify and compare GPO versions over time to confirm the consistency of various GPO settings.
- Version comparisons – Enables you to improve GPO auditing and verify setting consistency quickly and easily with advanced, side-by-side GPO version comparisons at various intervals.
- Approval-based workflow – Ensures that prior to deployment, changes adhere to change management best practices.
- Delete version history – Enables you to delete the history of multiple versions to help you manage and reduce the size of the backup store.
- Workflow commenting – Enables you to track requests, reviews and approvals with comments and e mail notifications at any stage in the process. Requests to modify GPOs can be approved or rejected by email without opening the GPOADmin console.
- Custom email templates – Enables customization of email notifications with specific text and/or attachments by role (e.g., help desk).
- Scheduling – Allows you to immediately implement or schedule approved changes.
- Microsoft Group Policy Management Console – Maintains a familiar visual experience for your users with GPMC.
- Enhanced Group Policy comparison – Helps you verify setting consistency with side-by-side GPO version comparisons.
- Group Policy lineage –Gives you the ability to test pre-production GPO "clones" before rolling them out.
- Hidden pre-production GPO – Limits pre-production GPO access to you and other selected administrators.
- Protected Settings policies – Defines a list of GPO settings with predetermined values that must exist and cannot be modified.
- Object management – Assigns responsibility for specific policies, either at the object or GPOADmin container level, to specific users, enabling administrators to identify who is responsible for managing specific policies.
- GPO check-in and check-out – Helps your organization prevent simultaneous editing conflicts.
- GPO locking – Enables you to prevent unwanted and unauthorized changes to production GPOs.
- Pre- and post-actions – Enables users to execute custom actions before or after a GPOADmin change to facilitate integration with internal processes and systems.
- Mobile integration – Allows you to rerun the deployment from your mobile device with Dell™ Mobile IT if the previous deployment fails.
- Automates critical tasks, enabling you to close the gap in the native GPO management processes.
- Helps you prove compliance to MOF, ITIL, Basel II, SOX, C-198 and HIPAA.
- Saves you time by eliminating the need to learn a third-party interface because it integrates with your existing Microsoft tools,
- Provides you with advanced backup and rollback capabilities to drive availability.
- Reduces your organization’s risk of outages and saves valuable time by eliminating scripts and manual processes.
- Centralizes desktop management, thus reducing your organization’s total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Simplifies your organization’s enforcement of enterprise-wide business policies with streamlined GPO control.
- Restricts access to production GPOs to drive your organization’s network security.
Before installing GPOADmin 5.8, ensure that your system meets the following hardware and software requirements.
GPOAdmin - Overview
GPOADmin snaps into the Microsoft Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) to help streamline and automate critical tasks and provide enhanced auditing, version control and reporting capabilities.
GPOAdmin - GPO Comparison
Industry-leading GPO comparison capabilities ensure the integrity of GPO settings and reduce the risk of policy violations..
GPOAdmin - Rollback
With GPOADmin, you can easily roll back Group Policy Objects to their previous versions, eliminating any ill effects of an undesired change.
GPOAdmin - Custom Workflow Actions
GPOADmin can integrate with other solutions and processes. With Custom Workflow Actions, users can define what needs to happen when something takes place in GPOADmin.
GPOAdmin - Protected Settings policies
Administrators can define a list of GPO settings with predetermined values that must exist and cannot be modified. Once the Protected Settings policy is applied to a GPOADmin container, policies that are modified and become in violation will be blocked from being checked in.
GPOAdmin - Object management
Specific users can be assigned responsibility for specific policies, either at the object level or GPOADmin container level. This helps all administrators identify who is responsible for managing specific policies.
GPOAdmin - Email approval
Workflow requests to modify GPOs can be approved or rejected by email, without opening the GPOADmin console. The email contains a Settings report to help inform the approval decision.
GPOAdmin - Custom email templates
Email notifications can be customized with specific text and/or attachments for specific roles (e.g., help desk, senior management, etc.). For example, if an organization requires a change request form to be completed to modify a GPO, it can be attached to the email notification to streamline the process.