Data governance that puts you in control of sensitive data access
Provide security and access rights to the appropriate users.
Identity Manager - Data Governance Edition protects your organization by giving access control to the business owner rather than the IT staff. The business owner can grant access to sensitive data. With the Identity Manager restricted access functionality, you define access policies for your organization. You have the power to analyze, approve and fulfill unstructured data access requests to files, folders and shares across NTFS, NAS devices and SharePoint, ensuring that sensitive, unstructured data is only accessible to approved users. Identity Manager automates the request-and-approval workflow, ensuring security and reducing the burden on your IT staff.
- Restricted access – Ensures that your organization’s sensitive, unstructured data is only accessible to approved users by enabling you to define access policies; also locks down sensitive data such as files, folders and shares across NAS devices, NTFS and SharePoint.
- Data owner assignment – Enables you to evaluate usage patterns and read and write access to help you determine and assign the appropriate owner of data for all future access requests.
- Simplified auditing – Provides you with key information for audit preparations by allowing you to identify user access to enterprise resources such as files, folders and shares across NAS devices, NTFS, and SharePoint.
- Automated access requests – Enables you to automatically direct access requests from the request portal to the appropriate data owner using built-in workflows, with no burden on your IT staff because approved requests are automatically and correctly fulfilled.
- Access verification – Enables you to monitor user and resource activity, and configure and schedule a recertification process for data owners to verify and attest to employee access, thus ensuring that only approved users have access to specific resources
- Personalized dashboard – Enables you to view trends, historic and current data access activity, and attestation status on your personalized dashboard, and then allows you to generate compliance reports from that data.
To add the automation of securing and classifying unstructured data, please see the Classification Module for Identity Manager - Data Governance Edition
Before installing Identity Manager Data Governance Edition 6.1, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
Data Governance Server
Note: To configure a Data Governance server, the user must belong to the Administrators group of the computer hosting the server.
Note: Dell Software only provides a 64-bit server for Data Governance. Ensure that the server installed on a given computer uses the correct architecture to match the installed operating system.
Data Governance Activity Database
Note: You can use your pre-existing Identity Manager database server to host the Activity Database.
Note: Real-time file system updates and resource activity tracking are not supported on versions of ONTAP NetApp filers earlier than 7.3.
Note: When an agent is installed on Windows Server 2012 you must disable the following local policy: "User Account Control: run all Administrators in Admin Approval Mode.
Web Portal Requirement
Identity Manager - File System Activity
Users can see a list of the most active file system resources for which they are responsible.
Identity Manager - Pending Attestations
Managers can see a list of the pending attestations awaiting their decisions.
Identity Manager - Governed Data Dashboard
Configurable dashboard displays enable managers to understand what data is being used the most and by whom.
Identity Manager - Access Overview
Drill down detail enables managers to quickly see which roles have access to governed data.
Identity Manager - User Access Overview
Managers can view all the access a particular user has, in one easy glance.
Identity Manager - Pending Requests
Managers can view all the pending access requests awaiting their decisions. These requests are automatically directed through to the appropriate manager who is responsible for the data in question.
Identity Manager - High Risk Overview
The High Risk Overview dashboard helps compliance and security officers see what data and resources are most at risk within their environments.
Identity Manager - Account Comparison
The top image shows an account comparison display where different groups have the same or similar access, whereas the lower report shows an account comparison display where two groups differ in their access.