Charting API for JSE applications
Control industry-standard Java components for Java Standard Applications.
JClass™ Chart is a charting API for Java. This data display tool includes sample code for all the scientific and business charts you currently use, in addition to a rich text format that allows you to customize labels or mix images and URLs with text. You can buy it as a standalone product or as part of JClass DesktopViews.
Features and Benefit
- Targeted data model — Load data into the chart from databases more easily using the targeted data source mechanism. The targeted data model is a chart-type specific data model that is data independent, allowing you to store your data in any format. You can chart elements by matching the data in your data source with properties that are meaningful for the selected chart type. The implementation of the data model that is included with JClass Chart is designed for JDBC result sets.
- Markers — Show elements such as control limits or an average value by adding marker lines to your chart.
- Thresholds — Include thresholds (regions in the chart's plot area) in your chart. You can use color to highlight data points that fall within or outside these regions.
- XML support — Update and create charts, and then save in XML.
- XML internationalization — Use variables and resource bundles to localize your XML-based charts.
- Flexible data sources — A wide range of data sources are supported, including files, real-time feeds and sockets. JClass Chart also shares data with JClass LiveTable. Its MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture enables easy importing of data from any source.
- Automatic data binding — Using JClass DataSource (the hierarchical data object that works with any JDBC database) or Borland JBuilder Professional or Enterprise, you can automatically bind JClass Chart to any database.
- Fully interactive — Perfect for decision support applications, JClass Chart includes built-in support for common chart interactions such as zooming, panning, picking and rotating. You can easily disable or enable these actions for your users. You also have the flexibility to bind to any modifier key combination or mouse button.
- Applets or applications — You can use JClass Chart in either applets or applications. The JClass Chart package includes a pre-built applet class, enabling HTML authors to incorporate charts into their web pages without Java coding. The chart applet's properties are all fully customizable using the HTML <APPLET> parameters.
- Easily customizable — JClass Chart makes it simple to customize the look of your chart axes, legends, footers, headers, and data labels. You get multiple formatting options, including percents, scientific notation, and currencies. In addition, advanced features such as logarithmic, reversed, and multiple Y-axes are supported.