Oracle backup and recovery approaches the speed of light
Reduce backup and restore times by up to 50 percent and decrease backup size by up to 90 percent.
NetVault LiteSpeed for Oracle delivers a solid return on your investment within minutes of installation, decreasing Oracle backup and recovery times by 50 percent or more while decreasing your backup size by as much as 90 percent. Created for an Oracle or cross-platform DBA, it secures your critical data with Oracle backup data-compression and up to four levels of encryption. NetVault LiteSpeed for Oracle integrates with RMAN via Oracle’s Media Manager architecture, and with Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) and Symantec NetBackup. Simplify and accelerate your Oracle backup and recovery operations today with NetVault LiteSpeed for Oracle.
- Four optimized compression levels can reduce your Oracle backup size by up to 90 percent.
- NetVault LiteSpeed for Oracle integrates seamlessly with Oracle’s Media Manager interface to fulfill your backup and recovery needs twice as fast as uncompressed Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) backups and four times faster than compressed RMAN.
- Four levels of encryption (up to AES 256-bit) secure your Oracle backups from start to finish.
- Adaptive compression allows you to automatically optimize backup performance.
- Resiliency to intermittent disk and network issues help protect your Oracle backup.
- NetVault LiteSpeed for Oracle transparently operates with your Symantec NetBackup Platform.
- With IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, you get seamless integration, as well as support for import/export operations.
- Command-line compression is provided to any file on your servers.
Before installing LiteSpeed, review the supported (•) platforms below:
|Platform||Oracle 10g||Oracle 11g|
|HP-UX 11.23 (11i v2) (Itanium)||•||•|
|HP-UX 11.23 (11i v2) (PA-RISC)||•||•|
|HP-UX 11.31 (11i v3) (Itanium)||•||•|
|HP-UX 11.31 (11i v3) (PA-RISC)||•||•|
|Oracle Enterprise Linux 4 (x86, x86-64)||•||•|
|Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 (x86, x86-64)||•||•|
|Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 on Exadata 2 (x86-64)||•|
|Oracle Enterprise Linux 6 (x86, x86-64)||•||•|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (x86, x86-64)||•||•|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (x86, x86-64)||•||•|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (x86, x86-64)||•||•|
|Solaris 9 (SPARC)||•|
|Solaris 10 (SPARC)||•||•|
|Solaris 11 (SPARC)||•|
|SuSE SLES9 (x86, x86-64)||•|
|SuSE SLES10 (x86, x86-64)||•||•|
|SuSE SLES11 (x86, x86-64)||•||•|
|Windows 2003, 2003 R2, XP, 7, 2008 (x86)||•||•|
|Windows 2003, 2003 R2, 7, 2008, 2008 R2 (x86-64)||•||•|
- .Net Framework 3.5 or above must be installed before you install LiteSpeed on Windows platforms.
- If using Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), the TSM API and Backup/Archive Client version 5.3 through 6.2 should be installed.
- If using Symantec NetBackup, version 4.5 or later should be installed.
- Adobe Reader 8.0 or later (for viewing the User Guide).