Active Directory Migration Tool
Efficiently migrate and restructure your Active Directory, ensuring coexistence between migrated and unmigrated users.
The Dell Software solution for Active Directory and file server migration includes Migration Manager for Active Directory® with Dell™ Secure Copy to ensure your consolidation and migration project is a success. Ensure true coexistence between migrated and unmigrated users while merging or restructuring Active Directory. Migration Manager for Active Directory® and File Servers not only empowers you to efficiently migrate and restructure Active Directory, it also ensures that migrated and unmigrated users retain secure access to critical server resources when data is moved. Simplify the migration process and integrate workflows for pre-migration analysis, setup, object migration, resource updating and post-migration cleanup. Migration Manager ensures a successful migration, whether your organization is restructuring to meet specific security regulations or undergoing an acquisition or merger.
Migration Manager for Active Directory and File Servers includes:
- ZeroIMPACT migration – Restructure your Active Directory and file servers during business hours, reducing the administrator’s workload with no adverse effect on user productivity.
- Coexistence throughout the AD migration – Maintain seamless user access to all network resources, such as servers and printers, regardless of their migration status.
- Seamless and secure access to server data – Seamlessly migrate files, folders, shares, printers and NTFS security quickly and easily to file servers or NAS/SAN devices so your domain stays secure and manageable after an Active Directory restructuring.
- Secure execution – Increase the security and reliability of your project by taking advantage of a “test mode” to verify the accuracy and security of your migration plan. Then optimize your post-migration environment, preserving passwords and removing source accounts and related references.
- Flexible, comprehensive management – Take advantage of a robust set of management features, from pre-migration planning and analysis to updating permissions. Control any migration scenario, from Active Directory “pruning and grafting” to a complete restructuring of your entire domain.
- Automated, parallel processing – Automate migration and enable parallel processing to save valuable time and ensure that your network has zero downtime.
- Automated updates – Save time and reduce risk by automatically updating permissions and resources, including Active Directory, SharePoint®, Exchange, Internet Information Services (IIS), file and print servers, SQL Server®, cluster servers and the System Management Server (SMS) from Microsoft. You can also update NTFS security, shares and more.
- Flexible synchronization – Synchronize Active Directory objects between source and target in the manner and timing that best suits your organization.
- Comprehensive management tools – Manage your migration with confidence with a robust project management interface, advanced delegation capabilities, numerous reporting options and granular “undo” functionality.
- Mirrored test environment – Easily mirror a production Active Directory and file server environment to ensure that your testing processes are effective and safe and do not affect your production environment.
Migration Manager Console
|Platform:||One of the following
|Memory:||1 GB or more|
|Hard Disk Space:||Minimum 300 MB|
|Operating System:||One of the following
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
Version 6.5.8190.0 or later of Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1.
These are general requirements; for more details, please see the System Requirements and Access Rights document.
Migration Manager for Active Directory - Source synch options
Source objects from the source containers will be synchronized with the corresponding target objects.
Migration Manager for Active Directory - Target synch options
Target objects from the selected target containers will be synchronized with the corresponding source objects.
Migration Manager for Active Directory - Security settings
Set Security Settings and how access permissions and other security settings should be handled during synchronization.
Migration Manager for Active Directory - Migration processing
Migrates Active Directory objects.
Migration Manager for Active Directory - Synch schedule options
End users can continue working, totally unaware of the migration project, ensuring business continuity. And Migration Manager eliminates the need for migration-related tasks after business.
Migration Manager for Active Directory - Advance synch option
Specify the custom add-in to be used during synchronization and whether the object deletions should be synchronized.
Migration Manager for Active Directory - Portal synch view
With its test mode, project management interface, reporting options and granular “undo”, the project team can completely control and get up-to-the minute status on the project.
Migration Manager for Active Directory - Resource updating progress
Users are able to access all network resources, such as servers and printers, regardless of their migration status. Solution delivers complete coexistence, helping to ensure a seamless migration process and decrease help desk calls both during and after the migration.
Migration Manager for Active Directory - Undo options
Undo the migration changes for all the migrated objects or granularly select the problem objects and reverts changes for them.