Migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange or Office 365 effortlessly
Migrator for Notes to Exchange gives you fast, accurate migration and mitigates your risk of data loss. You can easily transfer email, personal address books, calendars, archives, and more. This Lotus Notes migration solution also allows you to move multiple mailboxes simultaneously. Data can be transitioned directly to hosted platforms, and administrative tasks such as mailbox creation and mail-routing can be automated. It also preserves the integrity of your users’ mailboxes, ensuring a seamless and accurate migration from Lotus Notes.
- Finish fast – Transition multiple mailboxes simultaneously on each workstation to finish your migration faster, and install multiple migration consoles to further increase scalability.
- Complete control – Monitor your migration project from an intuitive central console, use templates to ensure consistent results on each migration job and take action when needed with detailed result reports.
- Anytime scheduling – Automate administrative tasks to reduce migration effort, and schedule migration jobs when they will least impact network bandwidth and operations.
- Self-Service Desktop Migrator – Enable end users or administrators to easily – even silently – migrate local and server data to Exchange, personal archives or PST.
- Quick cloud – Migrate Notes data directly to Office 365 or hosted Exchange instead of an intermediary data center, mitigating the risk of data loss, and ensuring a quick and secure migration.
- Know, then go – Perform a pre-migration assessment of your Notes and Domino environment to plan for your project and mitigate risk.
Migrator for Notes to Exchange (MFNE) requires the installation and configuration of multiple components on various machines. The admin's migration server in particular will host an unusual combination of tools developed by different vendors, and the combination can cause compatibility problems on some machines. Be sure to see the more detailed System Requirements in the Pre-Migration Planning Guide or Quick-Start Guide for tips to get multiple applications from different vendors to cooperate when installed together on an admin workstation.
All machines: Must have network access.
Lotus Domino Server(s)
Supported Domino source environments (all ranges inclusive):
- Notes 9.0.0 and 9.0.1
- Notes 8.5.0–8.5.3, and 8.0.0–8.0.2
- Notes 7.0.0–7.0.4
- Notes 6.x and 5.x
Microsoft Exchange Server and Active Directory
Exchange Versions Supported:
- 2013 (RTM or SP1)
- 2010 (RTM, SP1, SP2 or SP3)
- 2007 (SP3)
- Microsoft Office 365
If migrating to Office 365 via MS DirSync: The local Active Directory server must have Exchange 2010 SP1 schema extensions.
Access to a Microsoft SQL Server is required, installed on the admin's migration server or on a separate server, with a minimum of 20GB free disk space.
- You may use an existing (installed) Microsoft SQL Server version 2012, 2008 or 2008 Express or 2008 R2, 2005 or 2005 Express, or 2000, or you can download and install a free copy from Microsoft from the link provided in the AutoRun installer.
- Note that MFNE running with SQL Server 2008 requires the SQL 2005 Native Client on the admin's workstation to communicate with SQL. The SQL 2008 Native Client is not supported at this time.
- For best performance of MFNE's Directory Export Wizard, particularly for sites with a large number of groups or domains, Dell recommends a full-featured (non-Express) edition of SQL Server.
SQL Server Command Line Query Tool also must be installed on the MFNE admin migration server. You can download it free from the same link provided in the MFNE Autorun for the Microsoft SQL 2005 Native Client Edition.
Migration Server Requirements (computer running MFNE admin components)
Supported Operating Systems:
Important: MFNE requires the English-language edition OS/PowerShell on the admin workstation.
Migration server hardware:
Recommendations for improved performance, especially for high-volume migrations:
Also required for ALL destination Exchange versions, including Office 365:
Also required for Exchange 2013, 2010 and Office 365 (only):
Also required for Exchange 2007 (only):
Also required for Admin Account Pooling feature (Admin Guide chapter 14):
On End-User Desktops (if running the SSDM)
|Operating Systems Supported|
32- or 64-bit edition of any of:
• Windows 8.1, 8 or 7; 32- or 64-bit
Or the 32-bit edition (only) of: Windows XP SP2 or SP3 (Professional Edition)
|Required Outlook Client|
32-bit edition (only) of
|Required Notes Client|
Must be running a Lotus Notes client. Unicode support requires one of these versions:
Also required on SSDM end-user desktops:
Requirements for Migration from Domino BlackBerry to Exchange BlackBerry
Supported Sources: Notes BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1.x or 5.0.x
Supported Targets: Exchange BlackBerry Enterprise Server 10.x or 5.0.x
Required on the admin migration server:
Required on the Migration Webservice endpoint for BlackBerry migration:
Server Hosting the SSDM Scheduling Utility Web Service
- ASP.net version 2.0 must be installed.
Required Accounts & Permissions
Important: In addition to the hardware and software requirements specified above, features require the configuration of admin accounts for access to directory and user data in both Notes and Exchange. For these additional configuration requirements, be sure to see the more detailed System Requirements in the Pre-Migration Planning Guide or Quick-Start Guide.