Enable Lotus Notes migration to SharePoint and Office 365 with no data loss
Quickly and easily migrate Lotus Notes, QuickPlace/Quickr and Domino.Doc applications to SharePoint 2007/2010.
Migrate your Lotus Notes, QuickPlace/Quickr and Domino.Doc applications to SharePoint on-premises, online and hybrid environments, with high data fidelity and minimal downtime, using Migrator for Notes to SharePoint
Reduce the risk of data loss and failed projects with Migrator for Notes to SharePoint’s detailed pre-migration analysis. Stay in command of your transition with an intuitive management console, while your complex applications migrate quickly and seamlessly.
- Scan & plan - Discover, classify and analyze the design and data complexity of Notes, QuickPlace/Quickr or Domino.Doc databases. Quickly identify unused applications that don’t need to be migrated, as well as those needing development resources. Data collected during analysis can help you automate and manage the project.
- Rules-based automation - Assign new migration jobs and target locations using a customizable rules-based engine for data collected during analysis. Use predefined rules for standard Notes applications, or define your own for custom applications. Automate hundreds of individual migration jobs, and reuse design work, to speed migration and reduce errors.
- Easy provisioning - Reducing IT burden by automatically provisioning new SharePoint sites, sub-sites, libraries and lists based on your source infrastructure. Reproduce custom Notes applications schema in SharePoint lists and libraries, for example. Provision new targets for your migrated content from scratch or reuse the custom SharePoint site and list templates you have already developed internally.
- Extreme data fidelity - Migrate Notes rich text and complex application data with no fidelity loss, giving users a smooth transition experience. Preserve all essential data, including keyword fields, embedded objects, multi-valued items, nested tables, document metadata and security attributes. Throughout the migration, you can maintain document links and HTTP links between documents by redirecting users to the current location of each document, whether or not it has been migrated to SharePoint.
- Dynamic document destinations - To best achieve business objectives, you can choose from multiple options for application migration, beyond just lists and libraries. For example:
- Migrate to SharePoint basic, wiki and content publishing pages when users need a page-oriented, intuitive experience.
- Archive documents in a practical format while preserving the original layout and content by migrating them to Word, HTML, PDF or PDF/A.
- Migrate your Notes documents to Web Part pages, InfoPath XML documents, or custom Microsoft Word templates for applications requiring custom form layouts.
- Complex app accelerator - By detecting which Notes forms are being used as content types and which applications include complex data features, Notes Migrator accurately determines migration requirements. Now you can:
- Make use of native SharePoint features to migrate application content.
- Move Notes form designs to InfoPath list forms or form libraries, and Notes views to SharePoint views.
- Reduce complexity by migrating Notes data to SQL Server tables.
Before installing Migrator for Notes to SharePoint 6.4, ensure that your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements.
Migrator for Notes to SharePoint 6.4 Clients
Before installing Migrator for Notes to SharePoint clients, ensure the system requirements are met.
|Client Hardware and Software|
|Notes Data Extraction|
|Lotus Notes or Domino|
NOTE: Some functionality, such as conversion of native embedded images, requires Notes 6.x or higher. Rendering forms works better with later versions of Notes. We recommend using a Notes client version 7.0.3 or later for best results.
NOTE: Notes/Domino does not need to be running
NOTE: The Notes version requirements do not limit backwards compatibility of database formats. As long as you install a 5.x client locally (6.x or higher, if you want to convert native embedded images) you can access databases formatted for Notes 4.x (ODS 20) or even 3.x (ODS 17) and migrate them to SharePoint. You can connect to remote Notes 3.x and 4.x servers (even on non-Windows platforms) to
NOTE: Domino servers installed on Windows 2003 are supported.
|Migrator for Notes to|
NOTE: You can download the MMC Console from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=907265.
|SharePoint Data Load|
using web services
|SharePoint Data Load|
using Import Service
NOTE: You can access the environment variables through the Control Panel.
Migrator for Notes to SharePoint 6.4 Services
Before beginning installation of Migrator for Notes to SharePoint, ensure the following system requirements are met.
|Server Hardware and|
|Same prerequisites as those required by SharePoint. For a list of requirements for SharePoint 2010, see http://technet.microsoft.com/enus/|
library/cc288751(v=office.14).aspx.For a list of requirements for SharePoint 2013, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262485.aspx.
|Privileges to run Migrator for|
Notes to SharePoint
NOTE: You can have host headers so that the Import Service and various SharePoint site can coexist on the same computer with the same port number.
|Link Tracking Service|
Upgrade and compatibility
For upgrading Migrator for Notes to SharePoint Client from a version previous to 6.3.x to version 6.4, uninstall your current version of Migrator for Notes to SharePoint. Then follow the installation instructions in the Installation and Administration.chm document included with this release.
If you are upgrading from a 5.0 Repository database and you need the new Quickr classification rules, you may open both your Repository database and the QuestRepository.ntf template in Notes and copy the documents containing the Quickr classification rules from the template to your Repository database.
NOTE: If you are currently using an older version of Migrator for Notes to SharePoint, obtain a new license from your sales representative to upgrade to version 6.4.
NOTE: If you were using a Link Tracking database that contains information about documents migrated using version 5.1 or earlier, you will need to run a conversion procedure on your database before finalizing the older links. Contact Support for further instructions.
For upgrading Migrator for Notes to SharePoint Client from version 6.3.x to version 6.4, you can do an in-place upgrade.
NOTE: The Job Files Path, Default Definitions Path, and Log Files Path are kept when you upgrade from 6.3.x to 6.4.
For upgrading Migrator for Notes to SharePoint Services from a previous version to 6.4, uninstall your current version first.