Simple Sametime migrations to Microsoft Lync
Receive pre-migration assessments, centralized project management, and task automation.
Migrator for Sametime offers in-depth pre-migration assessments, centralized project management and task automation. Because user contacts are migrated with complete accuracy, end users will not need to rebuild or reorganize their contact lists in the new environment because user contacts are migrated with complete accuracy.
Migrator for Sametime is included with the purchase of Notes Migrator for Exchange.
- Complete Control- Keeps you in control of your migration with a centralized Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in. The MMC shows all migration steps, the configuration settings per user and user migration status.
- Pre-migration discovery— Identifies all users as well as their contacts and properties and reports on potential issues before migrating.
- Web-based reporting— Provides up-to-the-minute reports and at-a-glance reports of project progress. With Migrator for Sametime, you can drill down into a report for detailed information on the status of each project, even down to the individual user.
- Simplified mapping—Maps Sametime users to Active Directory (AD) accounts by matching a user attribute from the Domino server to one in AD.
- PowerShell-enabled—Allows you to use the PowerShell command line or PowerGUI™, a free graphical user interface and script editor, to perform tasks. The tool also includes a PowerPack: pre-defined PowerShell scripts for creating and running migration jobs quickly and easily.
- Flexible deployment—Enables you to control when users receive Lync functionality.
- High-fidelity migration—Accurately replicates contact lists, including external contacts, group names, and the hierarchy of nested groups.
- Anytime scheduling—Enables you to schedule migration tasks to run when they cause minimal impact to end users.
- Simple administration—Saves you time by automating administrative jobs such as user mapping and group creation and sends alerts upon the success or failure of each task.
- Migration assessment—Enables you to test settings prior to the migration without making changes to production servers.
Before installing Migrator for Sametime, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
|Platform||x86 or x64, running at a minimum speed of 2 GHz|
|Hard disk space||300 MB of free disk space is required for the application. If you are running a large number of tasks or running tasks against a large number of users, you may require more disk space.|
|Web reports||To install Web Reports, you need: |
|Additional software||The following applications must be installed before installing Migrator for Sametime (Note: Some applications may be preinstalled as part of the operating system): |
|Supported source products|
This product supports the following versions:
|Supported target products|
This product supports the following versions:
- US English
Migrator for Sametime videos
Migrator for Sametime - Project management console
Stay in control of your migration with a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in. The MMC console allows you to work with a familiar interface and provides a broad project view showing all migration steps, the configuration settings per user, and user migration status.
Migrator for Sametime - Pre-migration discovery
To help with migration planning, you’ll get reports of users with contacts above and below the contact limit and those with nested groups, so they know which ones may present problems during the migration. This discovery can be scheduled to run automatically or on-demand.
Migrator for Sametime - Create static or dynamic groups
Create static or dynamic groups of users to simplify task management. You can group users by attributes such as mail server, location, department or migration status. You can also create a group of users once and then use that custom group as the target for multiple tasks.
Migrator for Sametime - Map Sametime users to AD
Map Sametime users to Active Directory (AD) accounts by matching a user attribute from the Domino server with one in AD. If you previously used Quest Notes Migrator for Exchange, the data collected during that migration can be reused to map Sametime users to AD.
Migrator for Sametime - High-fidelity migration
Migrator for Sametime accurately replicates all user settings and contact lists, including external contacts, group names, and the hierarchy of nested groups, in Office Communications Server 2007, ensuring a seamless transition for end users.
Migrator for Sametime - OCS user configuration
Migrator for Sametime enables you to control when users are enabled for functionality in Office Communication Server 2007. During this process SIP addresses are automatically generated for users.
Migrator for Sametime - Pre-migration assessment
Discover all existing users, their contacts, and properties in Notes. Administrators can test migration settings without making changes to production servers and receive alerts of any errors or failures that might occur during an actual migration.