Password Manager provides a simple, secure, self-service solution that enables end users to reset forgotten passwords and unlock their accounts. Now your organization can implement stronger password policies while reducing its help desk workload. With Password Manager, you no longer have to sacrifice security to reduce costs.
Password Manager supports the widest range of data security standards so you can implement secure data access policies beyond the control offered natively in Microsoft® Active Directory®.
- Secure data access policies
- Adopt more secure data access policies beyond the control offered natively. Security is increased by eliminating help desk errors and the need for users to write down their passwords. Implement the entire range of security policies, and ensure that passwords conform to requirements — per group or organizational unit — for length, composition, history and lockout
- Streamlined help desk duties
- Give administrators powerful logging and reporting features to make it easier to monitor password management activity and correct abnormalities. Customizable workflows and activities allow you to customize password policy and reset workflows to match your organization’s business needs and personnel.
- Multiple domain support
- Serve users from multiple domains, with or without trusts. Seamless integration with Windows. strong data encryption and secure communication are provided through support for leading technologies such as 3DES, MD5, SSL and Microsoft’s CryptoAPI
- User self-service
- Empower users to handle basic password tasks, reducing help desk costs. Password Manager eliminates the need for users to make expensive support calls by encouraging them to enroll in and use self-service to reset passwords or unlock their accounts, thus dramatically reducing user downtime. Offline password reset functionality allows users to reset passwords, even when their system is off-line.
- Enterprise-wide password management
- Extend AD-based password management to non-Microsoft operating systems (such as Unix and Linux) through integration with a set of robust tools. Get support for your larger IAM initiatives and enterprise-wide password management needs. Expand password management functionality to Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS). Enable self-service unlocking of BitLocker-enabled computers.
Password Manager service and administration site system requirements
|Hard disk space|
|Internet information server|
|Microsoft .NET framework|
Self-Service and Help Desk sites system requirements
Password Policy Manager system requirements
|Hard disk space|
|Visual C++ runtime libraries|
Secure Password Extension System Requirements
Password Manager Reports system requirements
Download free trial to see the full list of system requirements.