Password Manager provides a simple, secure, self-service solution that enables end users to reset forgotten passwords and unlock their accounts. Now your organization can implement stronger password policies while reducing its help desk workload. With Password Manager, you no longer have to sacrifice security to reduce costs.
Password Manager supports the widest range of data security standards so you can implement secure data access policies beyond the control offered natively in Microsoft® Active Directory®.
- Secure data access policies
- Adopt more secure data access policies beyond the control offered natively. Security is increased by eliminating help desk errors and the need for users to write down their passwords. Implement the entire range of security policies, and ensure that passwords conform to requirements — per group or organizational unit — for length, composition, history and lockout
- Streamlined help desk duties
- Give administrators powerful logging and reporting features to make it easier to monitor password management activity and correct abnormalities.
- Multiple domain support
- Serve users from multiple domains, with or without trusts. Seamless integration with Windows. strong data encryption and secure communication are provided through support for leading technologies such as 3DES, MD5, SSL and Microsoft’s CryptoAPI
- User self-service
- Empower users to handle basic password tasks, reducing help desk costs. Password Manager eliminates the need for users to make expensive support calls by encouraging them to enroll in and use self-service to reset passwords or unlock their accounts, thus dramatically reducing user downtime.
- Enterprise-wide password management
- Extend AD-based password management to non-Microsoft operating systems (such as Unix and Linux) through integration with a set of robust tools. Get support for your larger IAM initiatives and enterprise-wide password management needs.
Password Manager service and administration site system requirements
|Hard disk space|
|Internet information server|
|Microsoft .NET framework|
Self-Service and Help Desk sites system requirements
Password Policy Manager system requirements
|Hard disk space|
|Visual C++ runtime libraries|
Secure Password Extension System Requirements
Password Manager Reports system requirements
Download free trial to see the full list of system requirements.
Password Manager videos
- Incorporates the following components in Management Policy: workflows, Questions and Answers policy, secret questions, user enforcement rules, user scope and helpdesk scope
- Creates workflows that are easy to customize and provide the ability to combine different authentication options in a single workflow
- Customizes the self-service and help desk sites and email notification
- Synchronizes all configuration settings between instances including Management Policies, general settings, customization settings for the Self-Service and help desk sites
- Enables backup and restore of an entire Password Manager configuration, and then uses the configuration file created during backup to restore a Password Manager instance or create a replica of the existing instance.
- Provides a new administrative template for Secure Password Extension