Rapid SharePoint application development tool
Deliver SharePoint applications that are easily supported, maintained, and upgraded with no custom coding.
Free up your SharePoint development resources, and satisfy business requirements without costly custom coding. Quick Apps for SharePoint (formerly Web Parts for SharePoint) is a set of powerful SharePoint web parts that lets you build applications that are easily supported, maintained and upgraded, ensuring their long-term impact and return on investment.
For the IT professional
- Fast customization - Meet SLAs, accelerate time to delivery, and keep users (and your boss) happy. Use point-and-click configuration instead of custom code to customize SharePoint solutions up to 80 percent faster.
- ezEdit configuration - Meet your most complex business requirements, from interface enhancements to complete solutions, without needing custom development training or experience.
- My First App - Rapidly configure compelling SharePoint list views and charts in a few simple mouse clicks with the My First App template, an intuitive, step-by-step wizard.
- Short learning curve - Quickly build better SharePoint solutions with easy-to-use web parts featuring built-in video training and tutorials. Discover best practices and tips and tricks from SharePoint peers and Dell experts in the collaborative Quick Apps community at www.SharePointforAll.com.
For the IT Manager
- Cost containment – Maximize your SharePoint investment. Rein in budgets by accelerating SharePoint development cycles in order to save resources, time and money on costly enhancements
- High user satisfaction – Provide sophisticated forms without costly InfoPath development, and enhance your users’ experience with compelling dashboards and charts
- Empowered users – You can empower end users to make their own customizations without risk to the environment, freeing expensive development resources for more value-added projects
For the Developer
- Rapid delivery - Accelerate SharePoint application development cycles using ready-made templates to deliver help desk, project management and CRM applications that are easily supported, maintained and extended
- Code-free apps - Build applications that you can easily maintain and support with no custom coding and up to 80 percent faster
- Better build - Exceed user expectations and extend applications beyond what’s natively possible with features that deliver tabular forms to save screen space, dynamically show and hide parts of a form, and establish parent-child relationships to ensure reliable data entry
- Simplified upgrades - Deliver sophisticated custom solutions that can be upgraded with ease from SharePoint version to version
- Easy integration - Bring data together from all of your enterprise application systems, such as Oracle, SAP, SQL Server and Salesforce.com, without the hassle of copying the data manually into SharePoint
- K2 workflow integration - Build dashboards and charts that provide full visibility of your K2 workflows (including real-time workflow) status. Then build rich SharePoint forms that drive business processes, so users can take action on K2 workflows from directly within the SharePoint form
For the Site Owner
- Code-free customization – Get exactly what you need from SharePoint, when you need it, by making your own customizations without depending on IT to build custom code
- Build-it-your-way – Customize your SharePoint experience to precisely fit your needs, with rich forms, improved navigation, an enhanced UI or compelling charts and dashboards
Before installing Quick Apps for SharePoint, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
- Software and hardware requirements for Quick Apps for SharePoint are the same as those for SharePoint.
- For a complete list of SharePoint 2013 requirements, go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262485.aspx.
- For a complete list of SharePoint 2010 requirements, go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262485(v=office.14).aspx.
- Quick Apps for SharePoint must be installed on one of the web front end servers. It does not have to be installed on all the servers in the farm.
- Quick Apps for SharePoint requires administrator rights on the SharePoint server during installation. If your SQL Server is located on a different computer than the SharePoint server, ensure that you log in with a domain account that has administrative farm privileges.
- Although administrative tasks on SharePoint sites are optimized for Internet Explorer 8 or later, Microsoft SharePoint Server also provides rendering support for other browsers that are commonly used. To ensure that you have complete access to all the functionality, we recommend that you use Internet Explorer 8 or later for administrative tasks.
Quick Apps for SharePoint videos
Dynamic list views
Simply combine, filter and view data from across multiple lists, sites, site collections and web applications.
Quickly build captivating 3-D charts and dashboards visualizing data from SharePoint and external LOB systems.
Enhance your applications with rich, tabular forms that use data from SharePoint and external systems.
Create collapsible and hierarchical menus that occupy minimum screen real estate, providing more intuitive application navigation.
Simplified data integration
Access external data from SQL Server, SAP, Oracle, Salesforce.com and more within a single SharePoint interface.
Combine all your calendars into one view, including data from non-calendar lists.
Powerful data filtering
Display data from a SharePoint list in a dropdown control, and view master-detail data in multiple selectors.
Display multiple web parts on a page efficiently using tabs to maximize valuable screen real estate, resulting in a clean and flexible site layout.
Centralized web part management
Manage multiple web parts in a site collection centrally from a single view, reducing your time and effort spent on maintenance and updates.