Synchronize objects and passwords in your enterprise
Synchronize identity data across the enterprise to unify identity and access management.
Quick Connect Express for Active Directory is used to synchronize objects and passwords between Active Directory (AD) domains or to/from Active Directory Lightweight Directory Service (formerly ADAM) instances or Lync Server.
With Quick Connect Express for Active Directory you'll get:
- An easy-to-use application that takes 15 minutes to set up and sync between systems
- An intuitive password capture agent that syncs passwords between systems for Windows clients
- Efficient synchronization of users, groups, group memberships and most other objects in AD
- Built-in rules for username generation and attribute transformation
- Company and consultant-friendly hosting
- Extended functionality using integrated PowerShell scripting
Note: Because this is freeware, Quest Support is not included. For answers to your questions regarding this freeware, explore the ActiveRoles community. No license is required.
- IdentitySync - Synchronizes identities (typically user accounts) to other systems, enabling an Active Directory user to logon to non-Active Directory applications or data sources. Quick Connect uses a set of wizards to configure synchronization profiles. Unlike other synchronization solutions, Quick Connect requires no programming.
- PasswordSync - Sets initial passwords during provisioning. Password changes in Active Directory are synchronized with connected systems, enabling universal password resets through integration with Password Manager.
- AutoMapping - Automatically reconciles associated objects (users, groups, etc.) between source and target systems, including auto-creation where no object exists, rule correlation and manual mapping for exceptions.
- ErrorControl - Reduces the impact of synchronization errors by providing thresholds and stop conditions that determine if and when synchronization should halt due to errors.
- Codeless transformation - Converts object types during synchronization so that the source and target objects can be different object types.
- GroupSync - Synchronizes authorization objects (typically groups) between directories in AD, integrated applications or data sources. Extends your enterprise-wide investment in centralized group management.
|Quick Connect Express for Active Directory|
|Active Directory||Active Directory, AD LDS (ADAM)|
|Microsoft Exchange Server||Microsoft Exchange Server|
Quick Connect supports many different types of data synchronization workflows to and from different platforms and based on different conditions (data types, time of day, etc.). In this example, a CSV file to ActiveRoles Server provisioning workflow (typical of a HR Sync to ARS) is created.
Quick Connect now supports a full data sync, or a delta data sync, for either the source or the destination target. Important for distributed data set integration, the platform conforms to your requirements – even supporting the ability to run scripts before and/or after the sync job is complete (to send an email, move a file, do a trigger or support whatever your requirements are).
The definition of a source for a data synchronization task is simple and wizard driven.
The definition of a target for data synchronization is wizard driven – providing accurate placement and data manipulation tools to help ensure your data ends up in the correct place, in the correct format.
This screen provides a summary of a total workflow scenario, providing a full view of all actions you are taking on the data and the impacts of those actions. Advanced functions, such as user password settings, generation and default user account information, are taken into account here as well. Other target destinations provide other options, too.
Providing advanced selection criteria for data movement is one of Quick Connect's strengths.
When deprovisioning, Quick Connect considers the full lifecycle of the data object, and you have control over the actions to initiate upon a deprovisioning scenario.
With Quick Connect you are able to quickly and accurately see what is going on – and more importantly – what has occurred recently, giving you a full view of the operating environment.
Quick Connect provides a completely wizard-based environment for your data mapping selection criteria, giving you complete flexibility for data selection, rulesets and priorities of these rules.
Out of the box, Quick Connect provides full password synchronization technology for most platforms (uni- and bi-directional dependent upon target endpoint). When you are interfacing to a supported platform, you will see that you have flexibility as to how to synchronize the passwords, where to send them and how to manage/manipulate them to fit other platforms' password strength requirements.