Sync Active Directory with AS/400 and perform identity and access synchronization tasks quickly and easily
Connect IBM AS/400 and eServer iSeries midrange computer systems to any platform supported by Quest One Quick Connect, including SAP, Active Directory, PeopleSoft and more.
Extend quick user provisioning to IBM AS/400 and eServer iSeries midrange computer systems with Quick Connect for AS/400. Plus, you can create an automated self-service interface for AS/400 functions by integrating identities with Dell One Identity products, such as ActiveRoles Server, Identity Manager and Password Manager. It can also do the same for Active Directory-based or enterprise solutions.
This solution connects IBM AS/400 and eServer iSeries midrange computer systems to any platform supported by Quick Connect. Supported platforms include SAP, Active Directory, PeopleSoft and more. So Quick Connect not only enables you to sync AD with AS/400, it also allows you to sync SAP with Active Directory and sync SAP with PeopleSoft.
After integration is configured, which is a simple process that usually doesn’t require coding, all major actions are supported between the platforms, including:
- Sync AD with AS/400 – Synchronize passwords from Active Directory to matching AS/400 accounts
- AS/400 Accounts – Create AS/400 accounts from an HR-based CSV feed
- Group membership – Manage group memberships in AS/400 accounts based on AD group membership
- Sync SAP PeopleSoft – Synchronize HR identity feed data (last names) from SAP or PeopleSoft to matching AS/400 accounts
- IdentitySync - Enable an Active Directory user to log on to non-Active Directory applications or data sources by synchronizing identities, such as user accounts, to other systems. You can use a set of wizards in this solution to configure synchronization profiles. Quick Connect requires no programming, unlike other synchronization solutions.
- PasswordSync – This function allows you to set initial passwords during provisioning. Synchronize your password changes in Active Directory with connected systems, enabling your universal password resets through integration with Password Manager.
- AutoMapping - Reconcile associated objects, such as users and groups, automatically between source and target systems. This includes auto-creation with no existing objects, rule correlation and manual mapping for exceptions.
- ErrorControl - Provide thresholds and stop conditions that determine if and when synchronization should halt due to errors, which reduces the impact of these errors.
- Codeless transformation - Make the source and target objects different types when you convert during synchronization.
- GroupSync - Extend your enterprise-wide investment in centralized group management when you synchronize authorization objects (typically groups) between directories in AD, integrated applications or data sources.
Quick Connect supports many different types of data synchronization workflows to and from different platforms and based on different conditions (data types, time of day, etc.). In this example, a CSV file to ActiveRoles Server provisioning workflow (typical of a HR Sync to ARS) is created.
Quick Connect now supports a full data sync, or a delta data sync, for either the source or the destination target. Important for distributed data set integration, the platform conforms to your requirements – even supporting the ability to run scripts before and/or after the sync job is complete (to send an email, move a file, do a trigger or support whatever your requirements are).
The definition of a source for a data synchronization task is simple and wizard driven.
The definition of a target for data synchronization is wizard driven – providing accurate placement and data manipulation tools to help ensure your data ends up in the correct place, in the correct format.
This screen provides a summary of a total workflow scenario, providing a full view of all actions you are taking on the data and the impacts of those actions. Advanced functions, such as user password settings, generation and default user account information, are taken into account here as well. Other target destinations provide other options, too.
Providing advanced selection criteria for data movement is one of Quick Connect's strengths.
When deprovisioning, Quick Connect considers the full lifecycle of the data object, and you have control over the actions to initiate upon a deprovisioning scenario.
With Quick Connect you are able to quickly and accurately see what is going on – and more importantly – what has occurred recently, giving you a full view of the operating environment.
Quick Connect provides a completely wizard-based environment for your data mapping selection criteria, giving you complete flexibility for data selection, rulesets and priorities of these rules.
Out of the box, Quick Connect provides full password synchronization technology for most platforms (uni- and bi-directional dependent upon target endpoint). When you are interfacing to a supported platform, you will see that you have flexibility as to how to synchronize the passwords, where to send them and how to manage/manipulate them to fit other platforms' password strength requirements.