Automate identity and access synchronization the easy and fast way
Synchronize the user and employee information from a PeopleSoft system to Active Directory.
Extend provisioning to PeopleSoft with Quick Connect for PeopleSoft. With this solution, you can connect identities with Dell One Identity products, such as ActiveRoles Server, Identity Manager and Password Manager. You can do the same for Active Directory-based or enterprise solutions.
Now you can install a connector to your PeopleSoft system, which synchronizes the user and employee information from your PeopleSoft system to Active Directory.
- IdentitySync - You can use Quick Connect wizards to configure synchronization profiles. Enable an Active Directory user to log on to non-Active Directory applications or data sources with synchronized identities, such as user accounts, to other systems. Quick Connect requires no programming, unlike other synchronization solutions.
- PasswordSync - This solution allows you to set initial passwords during provisioning. Synchronize your password changes in Active Directory with connected systems, enabling your universal password resets through integration with Password Manager.
- AutoMapping - Reconcile associated objects, such as users and groups, automatically between source and target systems. This includes auto-creation with no existing objects, rule correlation and manual mapping for exceptions.
- ErrorControl - Provide thresholds and stop conditions that determine if and when synchronization should halt due to errors, which reduces the impact of these errors.
- Codeless transformation - Make the source and target objects different types when you convert during synchronization.
- GroupSync - Extend your enterprise-wide investment in centralized group management when you synchronize authorization objects (typically groups) between directories in AD, integrated applications or data sources.
|Processor||1 GHz or faster Intel Pentium-compatible CPU, x32 and x64 architecture is supported.|
|Memory||500 MB of RAM; 1 GB or more recommended.|
|Hard disk space||250 MB or more of free disk space. The amount of required hard disk space depends on the number of objects being synchronized.|
|Operating system||Your computer must run one of the following operating systems (32- or 64-bit edition):|
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Standard or Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Standard or Enterprise, with or without any Service Pack
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2, with or without any Service Pack
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, with or without any Service Pack
|Quick Connect Sync Engine||Quick Connect Sync Engine 5.1|
|PeopleSoft system||PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 based on PeopleTools 8.50 or 8.52|
|Oracle Data Provider for .NET||Oracle Data Provider for .NET 2.0 188.8.131.52.20
Note: This software is only required if your PeopleSoft system stores information about its objects in Oracle Database.
- US English
Quick Connect supports many different types of data synchronization workflows to and from different platforms and based on different conditions (data types, time of day, etc.). In this example, a CSV file to ActiveRoles Server provisioning workflow (typical of a HR Sync to ARS) is created.
Quick Connect now supports a full data sync, or a delta data sync, for either the source or the destination target. Important for distributed data set integration, the platform conforms to your requirements – even supporting the ability to run scripts before and/or after the sync job is complete (to send an email, move a file, do a trigger or support whatever your requirements are).
The definition of a source for a data synchronization task is simple and wizard driven.
The definition of a target for data synchronization is wizard driven – providing accurate placement and data manipulation tools to help ensure your data ends up in the correct place, in the correct format.
This screen provides a summary of a total workflow scenario, providing a full view of all actions you are taking on the data and the impacts of those actions. Advanced functions, such as user password settings, generation and default user account information, are taken into account here as well. Other target destinations provide other options, too.
Providing advanced selection criteria for data movement is one of Quick Connect's strengths.
When deprovisioning, Quick Connect considers the full lifecycle of the data object, and you have control over the actions to initiate upon a deprovisioning scenario.
With Quick Connect you are able to quickly and accurately see what is going on – and more importantly – what has occurred recently, giving you a full view of the operating environment.
Quick Connect provides a completely wizard-based environment for your data mapping selection criteria, giving you complete flexibility for data selection, rulesets and priorities of these rules.
Out of the box, Quick Connect provides full password synchronization technology for most platforms (uni- and bi-directional dependent upon target endpoint). When you are interfacing to a supported platform, you will see that you have flexibility as to how to synchronize the passwords, where to send them and how to manage/manipulate them to fit other platforms' password strength requirements.