Perform SharePoint backup and recovery easily with this powerful tool
Manually or automatically recover SharePoint data across the enterprise.
Simplify and accelerate granular and disaster-level SharePoint restores with Recovery Manager for SharePoint. Use your existing enterprise or native backups in order to perform granular searches, previews and comparisons with this flexible tool. Execute restores from your existing SharePoint backup, even when your data is offline or stored in external or remote BLOB storage (EBS/RBS).
With Recovery Manager for SharePoint, you can:
- Use enhanced search and preview capabilities to simplify SharePoint recovery
- Rapidly recover data directly where it is needed
- Gain a single solution to restore SharePoint, including granular, farm-level and externalized data recovery without an enterprise backup solution
- Streamline SharePoint recovery and complete restores without database engineers or access to SQL Server
- Recover and backup SharePoint at reduced costs by using your existing backups
- Use your existing backups - Avoid creating completely new duplicates and use your existing backups to recover data. Enhance index and search capabilities and simplify restore process. This solution integrates with SQL Server and SharePoint native backups, as well as Dell LiteSpeed for SQL and other third-party backups.
- Better discovery and indexing - Get the exact data you need and save time searching for existing backups and recycle bins. Recovery Manager automatically discovers and indexes your existing backups, including externalized SharePoint data. This is done as they are created, so you can locate and preview missing items across multiple backups and recycle bins before restoring them.
- Complete restores – Save time and resources in recovering data with full-fidelity restores, including permissions, version history, workflow status and metadata. This tool automatically restores data back to its previous environment, including workflow status and permissions.
- 24/7 access - You can get users the data they need anytime, even when SharePoint is down. This solution allows you to recover data to non-SharePoint locations, like a desktop or a fileshare, so users are never without the content they need.
- More secure SharePoint backup and recovery - Have the confidence in knowing your SharePoint configurations and data are secure. With Recovery Manager, you can perform site, site collection, web application and farm restores. These include all content, services and configuration settings.
Before installing Recovery Manager, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
Recovery Manager host
|Platform||Intel x86, x64 (500MHz or higher)|
|Operating system||Either of the following:
|Additional software & services|
|Software & services||Either of the following:
SharePoint Backend SQL server
|Platform||Intel x86 /x64|
|Memory||Minimum 512MB. 2GB of RAM are recommended.|
Either of the following:
Note: Before installing Recovery Manager for SharePoint Agent, make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 installed.
Recovery Manager for SharePoint - schedule backup
Recovery Manager can use your existing backups or it can schedule native SharePoint and SQL Backups for you.
Recovery Manager for SharePoint - SharePoint Hierarchy
After analyzing the backup, Recovery Manager shows the hierarchy of the site content.
Recovery Manager for SharePoint - auto-discovery of available backups
Search all backups made for a particular content database discovered by the Management Console automatically. In addition, the “Search in Recycle Bin” option allows you to search for particular items across multiple backups and in live SharePoint Recycle Bins simultaneously.
Recovery Manager for SharePoint - document preview
Recovery Manager for SharePoint provides a convenient way to search, locate and preview any item from across multiple database backups before restoring it.
Recovery Manager for SharePoint - flexible restore options
With Recovery Manager, any recovered content can be restored to any SharePoint instance or saved to a file system.
Recovery Manager for SharePoint - disaster recovery
If the worst happens with your SharePoint environment, use Recovery Manager to restore your entire farm, including content, services and configuration settings. You can also use the Preview mode to see what Recovery Manager would restore in the event of a SharePoint disaster.
Recovery Manager for SharePoint - recovery manager web access
A new web interface allows users to search for documents across backups and post requests to restore a particular document from a particular backup file or a Recycle Bin.
Recovery Manager for SharePoint - two-tier delegation
The administrator, responsible for the product installation, backup discovery, analysis and restore, can delegate the time-consuming task of locating a required document to other users. The users can also be granted the rights to restore the documents they need.