Network document scanner for VDI and TS/RDSH users
Easily scan directly from any ISIS, TWAIN or WIA compliant desktop or network scanner into any hosted software that requires an ISIS driver.
RemoteScan™ Universal is the network scanner software solution that lets you scan directly from a TWAIN- or WIA-compliant desktop or network scanner to any hosted software that requires an ISIS driver. You can access scanners connected directly to client workstations running on vWorkspace, Terminal Server/Remote Desktop Session Host, VMware or Citrix servers--without compromising network security or establishing shared folders or directories. This network document scanner software also provides you with stable and seamless image acquisition in hosted environments, without having to worry about server boots. You can share a single scanner or imaging device much like a printer over a LAN, WAN, or IP network.
- Support for all scanners – Software on the server will detect individual desktop scanners at remote locations as if they are locally attached, allowing you to share any number of desktop scanners on a network in vWorkspace, TS/RDSH, Citrix or VMware environments.
- TWAIN and WIA support – Supports all TWAIN- and WIA-compliant desktop scanners and imaging devices, including sheet feeder scanners high-end scanners, card scanners, ‘all-in-one’ devices, web cams, flatbed scanners, and digital cameras. Also provides scanning to iPads from scanners attached to your PCs or workstations running iRemoteScan.
- Lossless compression – Does not slow down your network traffic because it uses highly efficient, lossless compression for transmitting data.
- RDP, PCoIP and ICA support – It uses native RDP, Dell EOP, VMware PCoIP and Citrix ICA/HDX protocols, so you don’t have to change firewall settings.
- Easy compliance with enterprise requirements – Provides compliance with your disparate desktop scanner makes and models with the RemoteScan ShareCamera and RemoteScan templates for auto-configuration of scanner resolutions and settings.
- Customizable look and feel – Enables you to lock down desktop scanner settings, even among various brands and models. You can also secure DPI resolution and color settings for consistent results.
- Universal software support - Works with all applications that can import from any camera or desktop scanner using TWAIN image acquisition, including Laserfiche, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word and Intuit QuickBooks, as well as custom applications. You can connect desktop scanners via parallel, Firewire, SCSI or USB connections.
- Multiple languages – Allows you to choose from versions in English, Spanish, German, Dutch, French, and Italian.
- Easy to use – You can install the intuitive user interface in just five minutes.
- Any imaging device compliant to TWAIN, ISIS or WIA (including webcams, radiology equipment, digital cameras, and more)
- Fully supports and works perfectly with Windows® 7, Windows XP, Windows XPe, Windows Embedded and Windows Vista
- Fully supports and works perfectly with all 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows® Remote Desktop, Dell vWorkspace, Windows Terminal Server/Remote Desktop Session Host, Citrix / XenServer™ / XenDesktop, and VMware / ESX-vSphere / View
- US English