Secure Copy is an automated solution for migrating data, shares, printers and more with security intact. It gives you the flexibility to control how data is migrated and doesn’t require the use of agents or scripts. Secure Copy enables you to migrate data from one server to another, consolidate file servers or move data to an NAS/SAN device, quickly, safely and easily. Unlike native tools, Secure Copy’s architecture dramatically shortens the time it takes to complete a migration. The solution also provides intuitive reporting that empowers you to manage data migration projects at any level of complexity.
- File & share security migration
- Don’t just copy files — copy their permissions on files and even on file shares. Users retain exactly the access they had on the source file.
- Local user and group migration
- Have permissions assigned to a local user or group. Migrate those automatically to the destination, ensuring that permissions remain intact. Or, migrate local users and groups into Active Directory to consolidate your security.
- File type and attribute filtering
- Filter and exclude based on file type, last access time, last modification time and other file attributes and criteria. This way, you can skip migrating files that aren’t critical.
- File attribute management
- Maintain or set all file attributes, ensuring that “last access,” “last modified,” “archived” and other attributes remain intact on the destination. By maintaining attributes, your files will maintain consistency post migration.
- Multi-threaded architecture
- Drastically improve performance by copying files in parallel, especially when copying many smaller files. Maximize network throughput and be more efficient while cutting data migration times in half.
- Bandwidth throttling
- Run jobs during business hours with minimal production impact by intelligently throttling bandwidth utilization, even across low-bandwidth WAN links.
- Inaccessible file copying
- Copy even files to which you don’t have access by using Administrator Override. There’s no need to manually take ownership of files or change file access prior to the migration — just let Secure Copy handle it for you.
- Open & locked file copying
- Rely on Windows’ native Volume Shadow Copy Service to grab snapshots of open files, enabling you to migrate consistent point-in-time copies of data that may be locked by another process.
- Phased migration capabilities
- Enable phased migrations through data synchronization, keeping all of your users online and productive until you’re ready to cut over to the new server. You can perform full, incremental and differential copy jobs.
- Migration scheduling
- Schedule copy jobs to automatically take place during off hours or after an import is complete, even when you’re not there to babysit. You can even run tasks via batch files automatically before or after a migration job, saving time by automating tasks – such as starting a service – you would perform manually before or after the migration.
- Command line-based execution
- Execute and schedule jobs right from the command line, making Secure Copy fully accessible from batch files, runbook automation tools and other automation interfaces.
- Job-import templates
- Create multiple, consistent copy jobs from a single template, helping to ensure the best results every time.
- User and file update utilities
- Point home paths, profile paths and other data paths to the new server with ease. Update Utilities also migrate printers online, update hyperlinks and OLE links in Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents, as well as update shortcuts to files, folders and computers. Secure Copy’s Update Utilities enable users to access all of their data quickly after the migration.
- Predefined reports
- Numerous predefined reports draw from Secure Copy’s detailed job logs, quickly summarizing the status and details of any data migration job.
- Job status dashboard
- Track job status with at-a-glance graphs and gauges, including performance, migration status by file type and more.
- Post-migration reporting
- Get post-migration statistics on migrated data, helping maintain the security and control needed even for highly regulated environments.
|Supported management platforms|
|Minimum system requirements|
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or later
|User privilege requirements||In order to use Secure Copy, a user must have administrative rights.|
Secure Copy 7.0 has been tested on the following devices:
Download free trial to see the full list of system requirements.