Single platform for managing Microsoft server security in real time
Enact graphical, real-time management of access controls and security on files and folders for SharePoint, SQL Servers, Exchange and workstations across the enterprise
Use a single console to manage access controls, permissions and security across Microsoft platforms that span multiple servers. Security Explorer provides an array of security enhancements, including the ability to identify who has rights to resources across the entire organization. You can also grant, revoke, clone, modify and overwrite permissions quickly and from a central location. Unlike native tools, Security Explorer provides the ability to back up and restore permissions only, ensuring the integrity of data. Security Explorer provides on-the-fly reports to help meet auditing requirements.
- Search Microsoft servers to see who has rights to resources enterprise-wide
- Manage permissions across Microsoft servers from a central, unified console
- Back up, baseline and restore security and permissions, retaining data integrity
- Report on who has access to what to streamline security audits
Address post-migration security issues
- See who has rights to resources enterprise-wide — Instantly see who has access to what in real time across Microsoft servers. Search for inherited or explicit permissions on file servers, Microsoft® Exchange server, Microsoft® SQL Server®, and Microsoft® SharePoint®. Even search for permissions to services, tasks, users and groups. Security Explorer’s single console eliminates the need to manually search each server for permissions.
- Manage permissions from a central, unified console — Make targeted or bulk changes to servers with the ability to grant, revoke or modify permissions, even those applied with Windows Server 2012 Dynamic Access Control. View and manage group membership settings directly in the access control list for a resource. Overcome access-denied errors by forcing permissions onto protected objects. Security Explorer enables you to lock down permissions faster and easier.
- Back up, baseline and restore security and permissions — Backup and restore permissions, without having to restore data, to easily baseline access controls and revert to that baseline at any time. Recover from accidental or malicious changes, and ensure that compliance requirements are enforced.
- Report on “who has access to what” — Export a database or spreadsheet listing the permissions on items anywhere in the directory tree. Filter results to show only permissions that differ from the parent folder when exporting permissions. Perform targeted searches for all locations that a particular group or user has access across the network and export this data to create ad-hoc security reports.
- Address post-migration security issues — Migrate access controls, and to clean up access post migration. Because Security Explorer can back up and restore security settings to an alternate location, you can be sure that necessary access is in place on the new server(s). This shortens migrations and provides a smooth post-migration user experience.
|Processor||Pentium 600MHz or faster|
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server® 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 or higher
|Disk space||50 MB|
|Memory (RAM)||256 MB|
|Screen resolution||1024 x 768|
Microsoft supported products
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, Microsoft SharePoint 2013, SharePoint Foundation 2010
SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Express 2005, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2,SQL Server 2012
Microsoft Exchange 2003, Microsoft Exchange 2007, Microsoft Exchange 2010, Microsoft Exchange 2013, Mixture of Microsoft Exchange Servers
Download free trial to see the full list of system requirements.
Security Explorer - Overview
Use a single console to manage permissions for file systems, SharePoint, SQL Server and Exchange.
Security Explorer - Search
Searching for specific permissions across your enterprise is a simple task with Security Explorer.
Security Explorer - Manage
Manage access (grant/revoke/modify) on Windows servers and desktops, as well as NAS/SAN devices.
Security Explorer - Recover
Back up and restore access control lists separate from the associated data to maintain availability.
Security Explorer - Report
Create security reports or export a list for all locations that a user or group has access.
Security Explorer - Exchange
Find, manage and report on permissions for mailboxes, mailbox folders and more Exchange objects.
Security Explorer - SQL Server
Determine who effectively has access to SQL Server resources, and restrict that access when needed.
Security Explorer - SharePoint
Discover and manage SharePoint sites and permissions for users and AD or SharePoint groups.