Easy-to-use, cost-effective Oracle-to-Hadoop data connector
Oracle Database replication to Hadoop
SharePlex™ Connector for Hadoop® loads and continuously replicates changes from an Oracle® database to a Hadoop® cluster. This gives you all the benefits of maintaining a real-time or near real-time copy of source tables, so your organization can efficiently and affordably perform business-boosting big data analytics. Best of all, this Oracle loader for Hadoop ensures business continuity while meeting your database operational goals. It provides a real-time copy in a Hadoop environment with no impact on the availability of your Oracle online transaction processing (OLTP) applications or the performance of your systems. Gain a competitive edge by improving decision making through simplified Hadoop replication.
- Hadoop partitioning — Enhances analytic-processing performance with custom and range partitioning for your specific Hadoop environment.
- Oracle data replication to Hadoop — Replicates multiple copies of data to Hadoop Hive, HDFS, and HBase environments locally, remotely, or in-the-cloud for better business intelligence, predictive analytics, data warehousing, data staging, and archiving.
- Near real-time replication to Hadoop HDFS — Writes data to HDFS files in text, sequence or Avro format. Rebuilds tables periodically by merging all the changes captured in a batch mode, avoiding time-consuming manual refreshes.
- Real-time replication to Hadoop HBase — Allows changes to be posted immediately with all the columns on the source table replicated to a single column family for fast data analytics.
- Hive support — Enables data to be queried by Hive or Hive-enabled products like Toad™ for Cloud Databases, Kitenga™ Analytics Suite, and Toad™ Data Point.
- Comprehensive toolset — Includes all the necessary tools for Oracle to Hadoop data integration.
- Powerful data loader — Provides optimized, high-performance data loading from Oracle to Hadoop.
- Change data capture — Enables audit capability with change data capture of insert, update and delete activity, optionally including pertinent metadata like SCN, ROWID, timestamp, user ID and more.
- SharePlex Manager — Provides an easy-to-use GUI dashboard for monitoring your SharePlex environment.
- Unrivaled support — Includes world-class, 24x7 support.
- SharePlex™ 8.5
- Apache® ActiveMQ® 5.6
- Java Development Kit® (64-Bit) 1.6 or later
Apache 1.2.1 (64-Bit)
IBM® InfoSphere BigInsights® (IBM BI 2.1.2)
Cloudera CDH 4.2.0 (64-Bit), 5.0.0 (64-Bit), 5.1.0 (64-Bit)
Hortonworks (HDP 1.3)
Optional: Install and configure HBase® to replicate tables to HBase and Hive® over HBase.
Optional: Install and configure Hive to replicate tables to Hive (Hive over HDFS or Hive over HBase).