Central SharePoint permissions management, usage reporting & policy management
Centralize management, security and reporting in a SharePoint environment with ease.
Easy SharePoint monitoring and reporting with Site Administrator for SharePoint. Increase visibility into your environment to streamline daily management, and reduce time spent when larger jobs are needed. Site Administrator’s auto-discovery wizard helps you understand and explore your environment to avoid surprises during migration. Plan for future migrations and perform day-to-day reporting, auditing and security tasks across your SharePoint 2007, 2010 and 2013 environments in a centralized administrative console. Reduce the management burden on IT by delegating responsibilities to content owners to manage and report on their content as they see fit.
- Complete discovery and reporting – Get enterprise-wide discovery and granular SharePoint reporting covering your entire environment. Now you can better understand your SharePoint environment by identifying all SharePoint servers and sites–even those you didn’t know existed on your network.
- Delegated access – Give content owners the tools and reports they need and free up your time from tedious management tasks. Now you can empower content owners to access, schedule and export reports, and manage permissions on the content they own.
- Enhanced pre-migration reporting – Accurately scope your migration. Prioritize your content before migrating with useful reports to quickly discover the true extent of your environment.
- Comprehensive security control – Protect your valuable SharePoint content by monitoring and managing users who have access to it. Quickly search for users, (including those granted permissions via SharePoint groups, Active Directory or broken inheritance) and their access rights across the entire environment and then modify rights and enforce policies from within the search results.
- Operational auditing – You can reduce time spent discovering events in your environment. Reduce the amount of time spent analyzing native audit logs and reporting back to the content owner by easily tracking user activity and security modifications across sites and site collections.
- Powerful growth forecasting and management – You can protect your environment from out-of-control growth and content sprawl. Save time by centrally reporting, enforcing, managing, and restructuring permissions and content across your entire SharePoint environment via a single interface.
Before installing Site Administrator for SharePoint, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
|Processor||Intel® Pentium® 1 GHz processor (x86, x64) or equivalent|
|Memory||512 MB of RAM|
|Disk Space||1 GB of available hard disk space for installation and log files
Site Administrator database is used only for configuration information. It requires up to 100 MB of space.
|Operating System||One of the following:
- Windows Server 2003 (x86 or x64) SP1 or higher
- Windows Server 2008 (x86 or x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x86 or x64)
- Windows Server 2012 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64)
Note that for SharePoint front-end servers running Windows 2008, it is required to install IIS 6 WMI compatibility component.
|Software requirements Requirement||Details|
|Access to an instance of Microsoft SQL Server to host a repository database for Site Administrator for SharePoint|
One of the following:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (Express, Standard or Enterprise edition)
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (Express, Standard or Enterprise edition)
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (Express, Standard or Enterprise edition)
Microsoft .Net Framework 3.0 SP2
Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 for Security Explorer
|Browser requirements Requirement||Details|
One of the following:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8/9/10/11
Google Chrome (latest)
Mozilla Firefox (latest)
Upgrade and compatibility
To upgrade Site Administrator from an earlier version to 5.2, run the Site Administrator for SharePoint 5.2 setup.
The new version of Site Administrator for SharePoint requires new license 5.X. After the upgrade, the product will use the Try Me license 5.X for 30 days. When the 30-day period expires, you will need to update the license.
To upgrade Site Administrator - Security Explorer, uninstall the older version, and then install the new version of Security Explorer.
Online and In Person Events
Support Docs, Notes and Guides
Site Administrator for SharePoint
Take a tour of key functionality in Site Administrator for SharePoint interface to experience its capabilities and ease of use.Take a Screenshot Tour
Site Administrator for SharePoint - Report and manage SharePoint
Site Administrator for SharePoint's welcome dashboard introduces administrators and delegated business content owners to our comprehensive approach to SharePoint reporting: making reports and dashboards intuitive, easy-to-use and aligned with business scenarios. Drill down into these four tiles – security, user activity, content and IT infrastructure – to increase visibility into SharePoint while reducing the time it takes to report, act upon and enforce governance policies. Report >> Act >> Enforce.
Site Administrator for SharePoint - Discover SharePoint
Site Administrator for SharePoint enables you to consolidate management of SharePoint farms, servers and sites. The Discovery tool within Site Administrator's Information Portal will discover any SharePoint 2003, 2007 and/or 2010 instances and servers across your network, including those where you don't have administrative permissions.
Site Administrator for SharePoint - Control security
Protect your valuable SharePoint content by managing the users who have access to your content. With Site Administrator, you can quickly search for users and access rights across the entire environment, even users granted permissions via SharePoint groups, Active Directory or broken inheritance, and then modify permissions rights from within the search results and reports. Report >> Act >> Enforce.
Site Administrator for SharePoint - Analyze user activity and operational auditing
Reduce the time spent figuring out what's been happening in your SharePoint environment. Site Administrator tracks user activity across sites and site collections, aggregating content and security modifications in easy to read interactive reports for analysis and decision making by both administrators and business content owners. Report >> Act >> Enforce.
Site Administrator for SharePoint - Manage content and growth
Protect your SharePoint from out-of-control growth and content sprawl as well as plan for future expansions. Site Administrator enables you to run a report and then within that same report act on and enforce content versions and structure across your environment as well as monitor growth trends over the length of time you specify. Report >> Act >> Enforce.
Site Administrator for SharePoint - Understand your IT infrastructure
Get quick insights into your SharePoint infrastructure across the enterprise. Site Administrator gives you a bird's eye view of all servers and databases across multiple farms and SharePoint versions. From here you can easily drill down into details on any farm, web application, site collection or site.
Site Administrator for SharePoint - Prepare before you migrate
Reduce your migration risk by accurately planning, scoping and prioritizing your SharePoint migration. With Site Administrator, you can quickly discover the true extent of your environment and use in-context reports to prioritize your content before your migration starts to ensure a smooth project with no surprises. Report >> Act >> Enforce.
Site Administrator for SharePoint - Delegate access and management tasks
Free up your time from tedious management tasks by empowering content owners to manage permissions as well as access, schedule and export reports on the content they own. Through a secure, web-based interface, Site Administrator gives content owners the tools and reports they need without compromising your security policies. Report >> Act >> Enforce.
Site Administrator for SharePoint - Advanced permissions management with Security Explorer
Extend your permissions management with Site Administrator for SharePoint's Security Explorer (included). A single permissions management tool designed for SharePoint administrators to manage all SharePoint permissions across multiple sites. Security Explorer that ships with Site Administrator can give you exactly that. Security Explorer simplifies all aspects of SharePoint security, including advanced tasks like permissions backup and restore, cleanup of deleted AD accounts, or permissions management. Report >> Act >> Enforce.