Protect your organization with highly effective intrusion prevention, anti-malware, content/URL filtering and application control with Dell’s business-grade SonicWALL™ TZ Series Unified Threat Management (UTM) firewall appliances. Eliminate network bottlenecks and increase productivity while also providing secure access to a broad range of mobile devices including laptops, smartphones and tablets. Confidently deploy this secure and sophisticated small business firewall appliance in a wide range of organizations such as retail, branch/remote offices or home offices. With a Dell SonicWALL TZ Series firewall, you can be assured your network is protected by a secure, sophisticated and widely deployed security platform.
- Enable advanced, full-featured security
- Deliver full-featured security that combines intrusion prevention, gateway anti-virus, anti-spyware, content filtering and anti-spam services, with intuitive, easy-to-use SonicWALL™ TZ Series Unified Threat Management (UTM) firewalls.
- Enhance performance
- Examine all traffic for threats, without slowing down your network, using the patented1 SonicWALL Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection™ (RFDPI) technology. The TZ 215 firewall appliance also ensures bandwidth for critical business applications, while blocking unproductive applications.
- Add broader, flexible remote access
- Provide mobile users with native VPN remote access clients for Apple® iOS, Google® Android™, Windows, Mac OS and Linux, via your small business firewall. This unique client also supports SonicWALL Clean VPN™, which enables the firewall to decontaminate threats from VPN traffic.
- Deploy an all-in-one solution
- Enjoy the convenience and affordability of deploying your TZ Series appliance as a SonicWALL TotalSecure™ solution. This combines the hardware and all the services needed for comprehensive network protection from viruses, spyware, worms, Trojans, key loggers and more—before they enter your network—and without the complexity of building your own security package.
- Connect users securely over your wireless network
Encrypt wireless traffic with secure Internet access over high-speed 802.11n wireless to encrypt traffic and ensure integrity, providing secure, password-protected Internet access. The TZ Series also offers 3G wireless WAN and analog modem connectivity as primary or secondary connections.
Legend: S — Standard, O — Optional, N — Not Available
|Firewall Overview||SonicWALL TZ 215 Series||SonicWALL TZ 205 Series||SonicWALL TZ 105 Series|
|Stateful Packet Inspection Firewall||S||S||S|
|Deep Packet Inspection Firewall||O||O||O|
|Unlimited File Size Protection||S||S||S|
|ICSA Firewall Certified2||S||S||S|
|Security Services||SonicWALL TZ 215 Series||SonicWALL TZ 205 Series||SonicWALL TZ 105 Series|
|Application Intelligence and Control3||S||N||N|
|Gateway Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware3||S||S||S|
|Content & URL Filtering (CFS)3||S||S||S|
|Content Filtering Client (CFC)3||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Enforced Client Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware3||S||S||S|
|Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service3||S||S||S|
|Support Services||SonicWALL TZ 215 Series||SonicWALL TZ 205 Series||SonicWALL TZ 105 Series|
|Dynamic Support 8x5||90 Days||S||S|
|Dynamic Support 24x73||S||S||S|
|Firewall General||SonicWALL TZ 215 Series||SonicWALL TZ 205 Series||SonicWALL TZ 105 Series|
|Interfaces||7GbE, 1 Console Interface, 2 USB||5GbE, 1 Console Interface, 1 USB||5 FE, 1 Console Interface, 1 USB|
|Management||CLI, SSH, GUI, GMS|
|Certifications||EAL4+, VPNC, FIPS 140-2|
|Site-to-Site VPN Tunnels||15||10||5|
|Global VPN Clients (Bundled)||2||2||0|
|Global VPN Clients (Maximum)||25||10||5|
|SSL VPN NetExtender Clients (Maximum)||2(10)||1(10)||1(5)|
|Virtual Assist Technicians (Maximum)||30-Day Trial(2)||30-Day Trial(1)||N|
|Unique Malware Threats Blocked||1,000,000+|
|Firewall/VPN Performance||SonicWALL TZ 215 Series||SonicWALL TZ 205 Series||SonicWALL TZ 105 Series|
|Stateful Throughput4||500 Mbps||500 Mbps||200 Mbps|
|UTM Performance5||60 Mbps||40 Mbps||25 Mbps|
|Gateway Anti-Virus Throughput5||70 Mbps||60 Mbps||40 Mbps|
|Intrusion Prevention Throughput5||110 Mbps||80 Mbps||60 Mbps|
|3DES/AES VPN Throughput6||130 Mbps||100 Mbps||75 Mbps|
|Maximum UTM Connections||32000||12000||8000|
|New Connections per second||1800||1500||1000|
|Features||SonicWALL TZ 215 Series||SonicWALL TZ 205 Series||SonicWALL TZ 105 Series|
|Logging||Analyzer®, Local Log, Syslog|
|Network Traffic Visualization||S||N||N|
|Authentication||LDAP, Local DB, RADIUS, XAUTH, X-Forwarders*|
|SSO||AD, eDirectory, RADIUS Accounting, NTLM, X-Forwarders*, Terminal Server and Citrix||AD, eDirectory, RADIUS Accounting, NTLM, X-Forwarders*|
|Voice and Video over IP (VoIP) Security||S||S||S|
|Integrated Wireless Switch and Controller||S||S||S|
|Wireless LAN||SonicWALL TZ 215 Series||SonicWALL TZ 205 Series||SonicWALL TZ 105 Series|
|Failover||SonicWALL TZ 215 Series||SonicWALL TZ 205 Series||SonicWALL TZ 105 Series|
|Analog Modem Failover8||S||S||S|
|3G Cellular Modem Failover8||S||S||S|
|Dynamic Routing||OSPF, RIP||OSPF, RIP||N|
|802.11n Wireless Support via SonicPoints||S||S||S|
|Layer 2 Wireless Bridging||S||S||S|
|Inbound Load Balancing||S||S||S|
|Virtual Access Points (VAPs)||S||S||S|
Legend: S — Standard, O — Optional, N — Not Available
- ICSA Certification is currently pending.
- Services must be purchased separately.
- Testing Methodologies: Maximum performance based on RFC 2544 (for firewall). Actual performance may vary depending on network conditions and activated services.
- UTM/Gateway AV/Anti-Spyware/IPS throughput measured using industry standard Spirent WebAvalanche HTTP performance test and Ixia test tools. Testing done with multiple flows through multiple port pairs.
- VPN throughput measured using UDP traffic at 1280 byte packet size adhering to RFC 2544.
- Actual maximum connection counts are lower when UTM services are enabled.
- USB 3G card and modem are not included. View all supported USB devices.
Note : * web proxy using X-Forwarded-For