Active Directory real-time diagnostic tool instantly identifies and resolves problems
Easily monitor Active Directory performance and issues.
Get the information you need to resolve issues before they impact users, with Spotlight™ on Active Directory Pack. This troubleshooting and diagnostics tool monitors Microsoft Active Directory performance and can help you improve user productivity. With quick and easy deployment, you can obtain next-step suggestions and invaluable diagnostic data just minutes after installation. Even if you’re a beginner, there’s no learning curve, so you can use Spotlight immediately after deployment to help identify the root cause of MS Active Directory problems.
- Expedites resolution with intelligent interpretation and easy-to-understand troubleshooting tips
- Alleviates time-consuming manual troubleshooting and improves administrator productivity
- Pinpoints and diagnoses directory problems using in-depth troubleshooting diagnostics
- Delivers early warning of directory problems for fast, efficient prevention and resolution
- Provides error resolution with context-sensitive knowledgebase that provides practical advice
- Integrates with System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2007 R2 and 2012 64 bit only
- Improves system uptime through real-time visual indication of resource bottlenecks on domain controllers and drill-down resolution capability
- Allows administrators to make critical AD decisions by trending analysis data and providing a graphical summary of the most essential parts of AD
- Enables real-time diagnostic analysis of remote DCs
- Offers more than 100 customizable tests and automated repairs
- Diagnoses and alerts on critical Active Directory conditions—including replication, Operations Masters, active directory DNS functions, domain controllers, Global catalogs and application partitions — in real-time
- Provides an exchange view that highlights how active directory impacts exchange environments
- Flexible Topology View allows you to filter Active Directory view to focus diagnostic efforts
Before installing DirectoryAnalyzer, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
The DirectoryAnalyzer Client connects to a DirectoryAnalyzer Enterprise Agent.
|Operating system||A machine running on any of the following minimum platforms:
DirectoryAnalyzer Enterprise Agent
The DirectoryAnalyzer Enterprise Agent is responsible for fulfilling client requests and consolidating and generating alerts.
|Operating system||Member server running on any of the following minimum platforms:
|Additional software||Enterprise Agent Software and Configuration:
DirectoryAnalyzer DC and Site agent
DirectoryAnalyzer DC and Site agents can be deployed to domain controllers (DCs) to monitor conditions and events on these servers. These agents will then report all alert information to the DirectoryAnalyzer Enterprise Agent.
Before installing DirectoryTroubleshooter, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
- The user must have login credentials in to a Domain in the Forest that you are testing against.
- Windows 2000 (SP4), Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP (excluding XP Home Edition), Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008.
- Windows Installer Service Version 2 or higher (if necessary, this will be installed and will require a reboot).
- The DirectoryTroubleshooter Client works best with monitors running at a resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher.
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher is required to enable the Print Preview feature in the DirectoryTroubleshooter client.
- Local Administrator rights are not required to run DirectoryTroubleshooter, Admin rights are required to Install, License, or Uninstall
- Windows .Net 2.0 components are required for installation. If you do not have .Net components installed, you will be
prompted to install during the DirectoryTroubleshooter setup.
Spotlight on Active Directory
Before installing Spotlight on Active Directory 6.8.4, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
|Platform||x86 2.2 GHz|
|Memory||2 GB RAM|
|Hard Disk Space||300 MB free disk space. Additional space will be required depending on the application usage.|
This space should exist on a local disk drive rather than a network drive. The space requirement
varies depending on the size of the database.
CAUTION: Spotlight on Active Directory works best when installed on a server operating system. You can install on a workstation operating system (such as Windows 7 or Windows 8), but Database Services and Diagnostic Test Services are not supported.
If you are installing Spotlight on Active Directory on a Windows Server 2003 32 bit member server, you must install an administration tools pack so Native Tools will work. If you launch Native Tools, you will get an error saying the files for the tools cannot be found. These files are not installed on the computer until after the administration tools pack is installed. To install the Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack, see http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=16770.
The Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack (adminpak.msi) is not available on 64 bit versions of Windows. To remotely administer servers from a computer running a 64 bit version of Windows, use Remote Desktop or the Windows Management Instrumentation Command-line (WMIC).
If you are using Windows Server 2008 or later, to get the Native Tools to work, open the Server Manager Console and add Remote Server Administration Tools. For more information on Native Tools, see the Spotlight on Active Directory User Guide.
If you are using Web Reports on Windows Server 2003/2003 R2, ensure the following IIS components are enabled:
If you are using Web Reports using IIS 7.0, ensure the following are enabled:
For Web Reports, you can install the Web Services (IIS) role using Add Roles Wizard. To modify an existing Web Server role, access the Server Manager and select Server Roles | Web Server (IIS) | Role Services.
NOTE: For deployments of 50 or less domains controllers, use SQL Server Express editions. For deployments of 51 or greater domain controllers, use SQL Server standard or enterprise editions.
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
- US English
Spotlight on Active Directory Pack videos
- Detect, Diagnose and Repair AD Issues In Three Simple Steps
Resolve Active Directory replication, performance and availability issues before they impact users and deteriorate productivity. With useful diagnostic data and next-step suggestions you can easily diagnose the root cause of Active Directory problems and maintain the health of AD while creating significant cost-savings for your organization.
Spotlight on Active Directory Pack - Spotlight on Active Directory Pack - Live topology view
Spotlight on Active Directory's Live Topology View displays the entire AD site and replication infrastructure. It visually indicates where replication, performance and availability problems exist in the environment with a simple green=good and red=bad paradigm.
Spotlight on Active Directory Pack - Dashboard
Directory Analyzer's interactive dashboard provides proactive, real-time diagnostic information and statistics to quickly identify and prevent problems.
Spotlight on Active Directory Pack - Integrate
Test and troubleshoot enterprise wide directory issues through intelligent integration with Directory Troubleshooter.
Spotlight on Active Directory Pack - Real time resource monitoring
Directory Troubleshooter provides in-depth, real-time DC information via a highly graphical interface so you can quickly identify problem areas and repair Directory issues in seconds.
Spotlight on Active Directory Pack - KnowledgeBase
Directory Troubleshooter includes an in-depth knowledgebase to help streamline and repair Active Directory issues before they cause downtime.
Spotlight on Active Directory Pack - Alerts
With integration between Active Directory alerts raised in Directory Analyzer and diagnostic tests provided in Directory Troubleshooter, you are provided with the information you need to resolve issues before they impact your users.