Diagnose performance problems to quickly fix bottlenecks
With Spotlight™ on Oracle, you can visualize and diagnose performance problems within your Oracle and Oracle RAC environments in real time to quickly eliminate bottlenecks. Spotlight enables you to minimize unplanned downtime, improve service to stakeholders and users, improve your knowledge of Oracle performance, and gain visibility into database processes, including RAC (interconnect, node, cluster). This Oracle diagnostics tool increases your database uptime and reduces IT costs, resulting in fast return on your investment.
You can also get a Spotlight on Oracle Exadata component as part of the Toad™ DBA Suite for Oracle - Exadata Edition. Get more information and download a trial.
- Real-time diagnostics — Graphical flows show you the rate that data moves between components. If any component begins to exceed performance thresholds, you get audio or visual alerts of potential bottlenecks.
- Enhanced top SQL drilldown — Gain a comprehensive view of SQL statements, so you can identify where your resources are being consumed most heavily.
- Analyze trace files — Get a graphical view of Oracle trace files’ contents to see how and where processing SQL statements consume resources.
- Troubleshooting instance — Use the built-in calibration to leverage a baseline for normal activity. Your pre-set data thresholds automatically trigger warnings of impending problems via visual or audible alerts.
- Alert log reader — Quickly identify areas you need to fix by reading a chronological list of messages and errors that have occurred in your Oracle database.
- Diagnostics for Linux, Unix and Windows OS — Get diagnostics on your server OS by viewing real-time graphic displays of the data flow in your Linux, Unix, or Windows operating systems.
- Predictive diagnostics — Predict individual SQL statement’s future performance, including increases in contention that can degrade database performance if trends continue, as well as predicting optimum system resource needs through performance modeling.
- Diagnostics for RAC infrastructure —View consolidated performance data across all instances of the cluster, as well as gain a comprehensive picture of cluster-level alarms.
- Dataguard diagnostics — Measure the performance of Dataguard, including all data processes and flows, as well as data latency.
Before installing Spotlight on Oracle, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
|Hard disk space|
Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 (32-Bit and 64-Bit), 2008 (64-Bit), and 2012 (64-Bit), Microsoft® Windows® 7 and 8 (32-Bit and 64-Bit)
Microsoft® .NET® 3.5 Service Pack 1
Monitored database servers
126.96.36.199, 10g, 11g, 12c
16 instances in a cluster
Oracle® Exadata® Storage Servers (cells)
Linux® Kernel® 2.6
|Cloud Database Services|
Oracle databases running on Amazon® EC2®
5.0.3 and later
Citrix® on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Server (Service Pack 2) using the Citrix® MetaFrame® Presentation Server 5.0 and Citrix® Presentation Server Clients 10.2.
VMware® ESX® servers
Note: May work in additional virtualization environments.
Download free trial to see the full list of system requirements.