Real-time diagnostics for SAP ASE
Detect and eliminate bottlenecks faster than ever, plus eradicate many manual, time-consuming tasks with Spotlight on SAP ASE. With its real-time graphical displays of the important components in your database, you get a clear view of I/O and user activity.
- Get a real-time look at database and operating system activity through an intuitive graphical interface.
- Identify problem users based on CPU utilization, I/O utilization or blocking processes.
- Use the history browser to record and replay performance diagnostics.
- Eliminate the need to manually calibrate alert levels for each adaptive server.
- Accelerate time to resolution with proactive alerts for detailed diagnostics and quick resolution.
- Oversee multiple SAP adaptive servers at once.
Before installing Spotlight for SAP ASE, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
|Platform||233 MHZ minimum|
|Memory||128 MB of RAM minimum; 256 MB of RAM recommended|
|Hard disk space||120MB|
|Monitor||1280 x 1024 or higher|
|Sound card and speakers||Use to sound an alert when a threshold is reached|
|Database client||The installation program will install a database client if one is not installed.|
|Database server||SAP® Adaptive Server 11.9.2 or later|
|Application virtualization support|
Note: Spotlight may work in additional virtualization environments.
Get a quick, easy view of an SAP instance to locate bottlenecks quickly.
See all logged alarms for your connections, or filter only those you need.
Easy Database UI
Quickly see database percentages used, transaction logs, and more.
Easily access charts displaying engine/server Wait Count and Wait Time.
View historical data like it’s live — replay for any point in time.
Get fast information on locks in use and deadlocks detected on the ASE.
Quickly find out the number of packets sent/received by the ASE.
User Performance/Wait Event
Get fast details on user connections and processes running on an ASE.