Real-time diagnostics of Unix/Linux problems
Discover congested areas and quickly respond to performance problems before they impact end users.
Identify congested areas and swiftly respond to issues before they impact users with this performance and diagnostics resolution tool. Get real-time data flow from Solaris, AIX, HPUX, and Unix/Linux operating systems (including I/O subsystem, cache and kernel information). Create thresholds with an automatically generated set of normal baseline activity for each system, and send alerts about impending problems.
- Enhance visibility within your operating system. See actual I/O traffic in real time through a representation of its processes and components
- Quicken time to resolution through real-time diagnostics in problem areas, including front-end directors, cache, disk I/O and transaction statistics
- Increase efficiency and eliminate guesswork with audible or visual alarms that detect imminent problems
- Decrease end-user downtime and accelerate productivity with powerful drilldowns and speedy problem resolution
- Improve your application performance management solution by integrating with Foglight®
Before installing Spotlight on Unix, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
A Pentium-based or equivalent PC with:
|Memory||512 megabytes of RAM (minimum). 1 gigabyte recommended. Memory consumption will increase for multiple simultaneous connections.|
|Hard disk space||1 gigabyte of free disk space. This should exist on a local disk drive rather than a network drive. Extra disk space will be required if you choose to log historical snapshots from within Spotlight.|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows Server 2008 64-bit|
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 32-bit and 64-bit
Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit
Microsoft Windows Vista Business 32-bit and 64-bit (Service Pack 1 or later)
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 32-bit and 64-bit (Service Pack 1 or later)
|Unix client permission requirements|
You can find client permission requirements for Spotlight on Unix in the Spotlight on Unix Getting Started Guide. These permissions include those required...
Unix servers and versions. Spotlight on Unix supports the following server operating systems for O/S Server queries:
|Unix Server Software||Unix programs. The following Unix programs must be accessible to the user logged on to the Unix machine.
For HP-UX, additionally
For AIX, additionally
For Solaris, additionally
|Unix user permissions and installation settings|
- US English
Color-coded graphics show the activity of major OS components and flows.
Receive alarms on abnormal activity and drill down to find the root cause.
Get details on processes, OS activity, disk activity and more.