SQL performance tuning and SQL validation that maximizes performance
Proactively identify potential performance issues and automate SQL optimization by scanning and analyzing running SQL statements, PL/SQL, or other source code.
Experience SQL optimization with an automated approach. Detect and analyze problems directly from running SQL statements, PL/SQL or other source code. Plus, this advanced tool actively explores ways to improve SQL performance through tuning, and offers the best-performing SQL alternative. It also provides complete index optimization and plan-change analysis.
- Optimize SQL – Analyzes and improves original SQL statements automatically by using artificial intelligence to rewrite the syntax, and apply the Oracle optimization hints. Generates semantically equivalent and syntactically correct SQL statements that you can test run to determine the best ones for your environment. Plus, provides indexing options that enable you to choose rewrites only, index changes only, or both.
- Optimize indexes – Enhances an application’s performance by analyzing its SQL workload (from Oracle Automatic Workload Repository, Foglight Performance Analysis or source code), and identifying indexing changes that will improve it.
- Batch optimize SQL – Automatically optimizes PL/SQL for performance by detecting issues (through Oracle System Global Area (SGA), Foglight Performance Analysis or source code) and providing rewrites that execute faster.
- Scan SQL - Extracts inefficient SQL statements automatically from your source code, plus reviews execution plans from these statements and categorizes them by complexity. Optimizes the problematic statements with Optimize SQL or Batch Optimize SQL.
- Inspect SGA – Captures, analyzes and classifies both running and executed SQL statements from Oracle SGA. Send problematic statements to Optimize SQL or Batch Optimize SQL for optimization.
- Analyze impact – Reviews the effect that database modifications may have on the SQL by identifying execution plan changes that could have occurred within a set of SQL statements. Collects SQL from a variety of sources, such as Oracle Automatic Workload Repository, Foglight Performance Analysis or source code.
- Manage plans – Manages both Oracle Stored Outlines and SQL Plan Baselines, and allows you to refine execution plans without changing the source code. Stored Baselines are optimization hints that help maintain an execution plan for a SQL statement.
Before installing Quest SQL Optimizer for Oracle, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
1 GHz Processor
512 MB of RAM minimum, 768 MB of RAM recommended
Note: The memory required may vary based on the following:
Hard Disk Space
90 MB of disk space for installation
Note: The disk space required may vary based on options selected for installation.
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 32-bit and 64-bit
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 32-bit and 64-bit
Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 32-bit and 64-bit
Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit
Microsoft Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
|Browser||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later|
|PDF Viewer||Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later (for viewing the Installation Guide)|
Oracle v8 Client (Net8)
Oracle v9 Client (Net9)
Oracle v10 Client (Net10)
Oracle v11 Client (Net11)
Oracle 12c Client
Oracle Instant Client
Oracle 8.1.7, 9i, 10g, 11g R1, 11g R2, 12c
SQL Optimizer has been tested on Oracle Exadata 2.0 running Oracle database 11g R2.
|Cloud Database Service||Oracle databases running on Amazon EC2|
Before installing SQL Optimizer, review the following for virtualization support:
|Application virtualization||SQL Optimizer has been tested for Citrix XenApp 5.0 support on Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 2) using the Citrix Presentation Server 4.0.|
|Desktop virtualization (VDI)||SQL Optimizer has been tested with Quest vWorkspace 7.0 running on Windows XP Professional 32-bit (Service Pack 2).|
|Server virtualization||SQL Optimizer has been tested with the following: |
|Note: SQL Optimizer may work in virtualization environments other than the ones in which it was tested.|
- US English